Chapter 14: Basically, A Lot Of Talking

Author's Note: I see that my chapter titles are getting crazier, stupid, or more confusing as it goes by, but don't think of it too much. Okay, Loveys? :)

._.

3RD POV

"Hey, is it really true? Is there really a Titan on our side?"

"It's obviously just a rumor. The recapture could've failed, so we might see a horde of people from Wall Rose any minute now."

"If that happens, wouldn't there be a food shortage?"

"Say... What if the Titan sides with the people within Wall Rose and come attack us together?"

Comments such as these that're compiled by more fear and doubt for themselves circle around the people from Wall Sina. No one seemed to be trusting the monarchy and their current military circumstances. For the nobles, more specifically.

"This is amazing news! We have a Titan on our side now!"

"We might even be able to recapture Wall Maria!"

"It's like... It's like our savior has appeared!"

In comparison to the inner most Wall, the citizens of Wall Rose seem to revel at the thought of having a Titans fighting alongside the humans. This was the hope that they could get by this one simply news: A new salvation. Someone or something that could finally end the suffering and fear they, as human farm animals, took in for the last hundreds of years.

"Commander Pyxis, there are those who wont be too fond of you, the Commander of Garrison, meeting privately with me, the Commander of the Survey Corps." Erwin says as he walks just a few step behind Commander Pyxis.

"Well, it seems you're as straight-laced as they say. Why fret? We just happened to meet during a morning stroll. As such, nothing more than idle talk, but... Are you aware the Military Police Brigade wants to keep custody of Eren Jaeger?"

"Yes. I received word of it yesterday. Apparently, a trial will be held."

"The Survey Corps or the Military Police Brigade..." Pyxis paused, "Zackly has been entrusted with deciding which of them Eren will go to."

"Zackly? Supreme Commander Darius Zackly?"

"The Military Police Brigade, the Garrison, and the Survey Corps. He's the man in charge of all those three factions. He has only one judging criteria: Pros vs. Cons--whether something is beneficial or not to mankind. If he's convinced of the latter, he'll dispose of Eren without hesitation, right then and there. I don't want to let him kill Eren. But unfortunately, there are many against the Garrison that fears Eren's powers. The most I can do is withhold my approval for the Military Police Brigade. Think you have a shot?"

"No. However, I have a proposal I can make." Erwin responds, "t's viability will depend on the trial's progression."

"In other words, it'll be a game of chance?"

"It's a game my men and I are well-acquainted with as we mainly engage in expeditions."

"Ha!"

Pyxis chuckled and continued walking forward, since at some point of the conversation they both have stopped walking when he eagerly pulled out his flask for a sip. "It appears there's more to you than I thought. This has been an enjoyable stroll, Commander Smith." He leaves having a hand without facing back.

"A trial fro Eren? Why?" Mikasa asks as she sits across Armin in the cafeteria.

"I'm not entirely sure, but I think it's about their intentions with him."