Chapter 21: The Ends Of Beginnings And Beginning After The End

EMILYN

"Erwin! Stop!" Nile, a commanding officer of the military police, exclaimed with his gun pointing at Erwin. Five other MPs followed Nile's lead and also proceeds to point their guns at him. "You're commanding a clear act of treason against the Royal Government!"

I intervene in an instant, "I smell a fool."

"What?"

"Nile, are you as rubbish-brained as you look?" Levi added, "You don't seem to understand what's happening here."

A chuckle escaped my lips as my eyes glanced at Levi for a split second, "With a wit as sharp as cylinders, I dare say, I'm not surprised."

Nile ignored both Levi's and my comments, then decided to scream once again at Erwin as if our very existence was not of any sort of importance. "Remove your gear, Erwin!" It ticked me off.

"Oh!" I said, a grin lurking on my face in a manner I do usually when I bully insects, "He ignored us for his own pride..."

"Shut up, Emilyn! Erwin! Are you gonna answer or not?"

A short silence encompassed the whole surrounding, before a large explosion could be heard not very far away- turning the skies green and glowing bright yellow lights with the after effect of thunder.

Nile turns around, "Now what?"

MP soldiers rush over towards Nile to inform the news of two enormous titans- who managed to sneak into wall rose- fighting each other, most likely to the death.

"Titans are fighting each other?" Nile echoed.

The soldier answered, "Yes. The damaged done to the city is unimaginable. Scores of civilians and soldiers have been killed or wounded."

I interrupted, "Which, if you must know- since you clearly do not. Translates to: People are dying and everything gets more destroyed the longer you hold us back. What now, Nile? Oh, please! You don't need to answer that in a hurry! No rush."

Upon his anger, Nile grunts and raises the gun that he lowered seconds ago. Glaring at Erwin the nasty glare people give to troublemakers. Afterwards, he grabbed Erwin's collar, then said some random jibberish that even I, didn't bother to listen.

When Nile asked why Erwin had done such a thing, Erwin answered honestly, "For mankind's victory."

Nile is apparently picky with answers. If the man doesn't like it, he whines, "Don't give me that!" Then proceeds to point the gun at Erwin once again as if a mere piece of metal would even make this monster budge, "You're a traitor! None of the higher ups will complain if I execute you right now!"

"If you wish, but, you'll be in charge afterward."

The shock on Nile's face was phenomenal. The man was afraid. That was because no one would ever want to take responsibility for a goal with too much risk of failure. At least, no one normal. Nile was one of those normal, sad, existing, people who would obviously decline responsibility over a damage so significant as this.

Erwin continued, "Do not let the Female Titan escape. Peer is in charge of troop deployment. Beirer is in charge of provisions. Woek with them and do wait it takes-"

"Wait! Stop!" Nile gestured his hand at the man, "Do you really think this is for humanity's sake?"

"I have faith it will serve as a step forward."

Nile lowers down his gun, and commands his soldiers to cuff Erwin's hands. Eventually deploying his troops to focus on aiding and evacuating the citizens. Honestly, what a scene! Hilarious! What a pleasure to watch a coward in action!