Chapter 16: The Sus In Action

Author's Note: Loveys, Would you believe me when I say it took me almost six hours of non-stop writing to make that previous chapter? Trust me, I WAS SHOCKED TOO. Like, WHAT THE FUCK? I mean, I don't regret it cause last chapter...was a good one, let's all admit. But WOW, it had to take THAT LONG? God... just, what the fuck? Okay, I'm stopping now. Enjoy this chapter! 

._.

3RD POV

It didn't take long for the two to get lost in their own little world. After patting each other's clothing and standing up prime and proper, their eyes got stuck on each other and never once broke. They didn't want it to, and they both knew it.

For the second time since a few days ago, Armin had seen Blessica shed tears, however, a different type of tears this time. The overwhelmed emotions you could read on her face—that's directed towards the lance that stood in front of her—was a whole different expression he has never seen from this person whom he's known for about six, maybe seven, years. As he watched the two stare and hug each other, he couldn't help but wonder;

Who was she to her?

After attempting to recall a memory, he realizes, she never really talked much about herself or her  background at all. She was just, there, and they just naturally grew close over the years that came by. It was only now that the guilt burrowed under Armin's skin, the consciousness of being unaware of anything about this girl besides her name, got to him.

As he takes in the sight of this woman, the lance, naturally fiddling her fingers to push Blessica's hair out of her face, and wipe away the tears failing down Blessica's cheeks, his mind could form conclusions of different kinds about the relationship of these two. Blessica herself, was subdued by her own uneven breathing, layered by constant hiccups. "Lyn...My God, hic, fuck. I thought I'd, hic, I thought, hic, I thought I'd never, hic, shit FUCK."

Armin's gaze slid to examine everyone else in the room, their faces seemed unable to articulate the situation, and it relieved him that he wasn't the only one who was tongue-tied by all this. When his eyes looked back at Blessica and Lyn, he could see their flushed appearances overpowered by blush, and wore smiles that never seemed to leave their faces. Not to mention their hands which show no sign of letting go of each other's grip.

The lance added to their conversation, 'I knew I'd see you again. It was only a matter of waiting.'

"Really? Hic, you did? Damn it. How?"

'Because I'm here. And I knew that if somehow I came here, it's possible—even for the slightest bit—that'd you'd be here too. And dear me, it that were to happen,  I knew that we'd meet again one day I just had to be patient.' Lyn answered, caressing Blessica's cheeks all over again as she spoke with unwavered eyes, 'And to know I was right... just...put me on cloud nine! How are you? How have you been all this time? When did you—Oh dearest, you look so beautiful... I missed you so... And your hair... look at it, it's a mess, as always, haha...'

Armin could see the signals from that far away. The way they talked, the way they acted and looked at each other... There was no denying the obvious. But wait, something wasn't right in any of this at all. If Armin could recall correctly, the lance was about ten years older than they currently were, and when they met Blessica a couple of years before, they were merely around ten years old. The lance would have to be around 20 by that time. Unless, of course, they were just extremely close and he had read the mood all wrong.

'Step back for a bit... Let me see you.' Lyn hands began to Spectate Blessica's body. First gazing at her feet, to her legs, then her waits, and shoulders, to her arms, then back to her hands and face. A gasp escaped her lips that gave off a sort of relieved, bitter-sweet, ambiance. 'I am so happy you're here, safe, and alive. Truly, I am. Dearest, oh... Away with the tears now... You're okay, you're healthy, you're... young.' She said with her tone and expression changing drastically by the end of the sentence.