Chapter 5: Caught Doing Nothing

Author's Note: Friday update yey. Ho wow, a lot of interesting things happened last chapter, huh? We met a new dude! Gram! Who knows why he showed up cause I sure dont. And guys I'm surviving omg, I haven't written chapters this long that I'm actually proud of so I hope I get more chapters for your own entertainment. As always, I simp for votes and comments. I'll reply to as much comments as I can so please interact with me :> Give me critiques! Advice! And maybe I can make my writing better fo you! Anyways, I'm blabbering. Enjoy my trash.

._.

I always thought that Berto, Rein, and Annie were good people despite all and everything. They killed, yes, for reasons powerful enough that they push to go through with it. But good people who kill aren't good people anymore. At least, that's what my mind rambles to itself as I stand there in position. No. The sound of my heartbeat thumping loudly told me one thing: There's no such thing as good people and bad people in this world. Only people.

I ran to the side and jump off the wall. My gear clings into the muscles of the Colossal's side before it swings me high. Really high, in fact, that I could see Eren in time to jump on the wall and face Bertolt. It'd be great if Eren can get his attention even for a bit.

The Titan faces me instead.

I move quickly to cling onto his mid-back where he couldn't see me.

Eren launches himself high and catches the glance of the Colossal. With his swords in the air, he attacks, but is shown with dismay when the left hand of the Colossal comes in his way while other arm aims for the cannons. So he swings to run on his arm.

I'm already on my way to his nape and I think he knows. A burst of hot air pushes me farther but I manage to cling onto something just before my body could hit the ground. I am so low down. I look to my side, another pair of eyes watches me back.

The person has muscles forming on his face just on the side of cheeks as he runs to the hole he created before the other Titans can catch up. He probably knows I identified him, or thinks he'll have a great deal of suspicion on him when I start to ask questions. And he looks terrified. It was like it all was in slow-motion, my eyes moving to lock onto his as I fall.

The thing is, I don't need to ask anything to know who the people behind these nightmares are. I don't need to arouse suspicion on myself and get the three cautious around me either. That'd also create a great deal of trouble for me considering these three are a whole lot more skilled than I am. Not to mention their abilities. If they'd ever think of me as a possible enemy, I'm screwed.

Instinctively, I pull myself up and I hop myself on top of the wall. Seconds later, Eren follows. The others who are already on the top before me looks down to check what exactly just happened.

"Did you get it?" They ask.

I simply answer, "No." I didn't even get to slice a part of him. Not that I want to—which I actually do, for selfish reasons, of course—but I prefer to choose actions that lean towards the side that will not only ensure my survival, but the side worth trusting more. And knowing all I know, I know what I'm doing.

Zenits-I mean, Connie, Brownie, and Thomas were all to my far left after a while. They bicker with each other for a bit before another soldier arrives to inform us that the Colossal Titan Response Operation is already underway. The three stand in attention in front of him. I have to run a bit to stand align them and do the same.

"Return to headquarters ar once!" He commands, "Those who came into contact with it, remember to give reports!"

"Yes, Sir!"

As we head our way, there was nothing but notalgia eating away at my heart. Reminding me how just as the bells rings today, it also rang the same way five years ago. The screams of terror that fills my ears this moment, are also similar to the way the people shouted and ran for their lives to the gates towards the inside part of the walls to save their own lives back then. Cannon fires shrivels through my ears along with the screams of charging soldiers risking their own safety to attack the Titans heading our way. It's bad enough to give me chills but good enough that it's not a horrifying sight anymore.