Chapter 20: This Is Going To Be A Problem...

???

"

If you want, we can run away and leave the scouts."

What? Leave the scouts? Who would-

"I have a palace. Correction, palaces. I have financial stability. We can go live in peace if you want to and I can do that for you. Let's live together there and be happy. Then while we're on it, we can search for our friend. Let's leave this all behind! After all, these people don't need us to end their story with a happy ending."

Another ending? What does that mean?

"Lyn...I know you have good intentions towards me..."

Lyn? The Captain?

"Of course I do. I always have."

Who is the other person? They're planning on leaving the scouts? Why are-

"Yes..."

"But?"

"But, I don't think I'm in a mental state to make any sort of huge decision. Let alone know what's right."

"But, Bless-"

Bless? Blessica?

"I'm too confused. My heart can't take doing nothing when I know there are people dying behind my own head. I used to think of them as characters, but the pain is too real to be fake."

What is that supposed to mean? Characters? Too real to be fake? What's too real to be fake?

"That's just not a burden I can carry for myself or allow someone else to carry for me. I do agree in looking for her too, but what if staying here is the best way to do that?"

Her? Who is 'her'?

"Bless...We don't need to risk our lives for the fates of others. Especially, when they've already been decided."

What? What's decided?

"You know that there's no stopping it. We don't need to try to figure out something that simple. We might know their fates but look at us."

Know their fates? What? What does that mean?

"How long do you think it will take before time takes us too?"

"Lyn, it's too painful to be ignored-"

"And yet pursuing it will do the same."

What the hell is this conversation. This is too suspicious. Pursuing? Pursuing what?

"That's not the point."

For goodness' sake, the what???

"Think about it. You continue- you continue despite knowing what's coming and you still get hurt. I don't want that for you! It hurts me too! It hurts the both of us!"

"...Lyn."

"Bless, come on..."

"Lyn....There is an assurance...in knowing that tried. That's all."

"But-"

"Lyn. Please."

"...I can't stop you now, can I?"

Just what are these two up to...

"My mind is set now. Thank you."

I need to keep an eye on them.

I hurry up and leave before I get caught.