Chapter 22: The Beast And The Flea

ZEKE

"Ey." I feel a slight tug on my head that I decided to ignore for the last few minutes. The woman, about the same age as me, who sat comfortably on my head with a firm grip on the threads of my hair while I'm in Titan form, was none other than my fellow warrior that came on along my mission illegaly. I honestly hadn't anticipated that she would, in all actuality, do what she dared to do, and infiltrate the ship I rode on, on the way to Paradis. The surprise upon seeing her jump out of presence to reveal her hiddened self around three-quarters on the way here, was nothing short concerning. This woman brings nothing but concern. I sincerely regret not double checking the crates that managed to fit such a tiny but significantly annoying human in it.

"Ey! Sto, stop ignoring me! EY!" The tugging continued, I did not want to bother with answering her insignificant babbles, especially after a long journey of treading. However, she showed no signs of stopping.

"You've been doing this for ten minutes..." I said to her, whom, finally, settled down as she listened to my words, "Will you just-"

"No! No, I wont! H, how dare you! I thought you, I thought you loved me!"

"What?" What is this woman on about? Love? I thought. I have never once initiated any form of romantic attracted towards this individual, I knew she was spouting nonsense once again like she does for the majority of what she does. I continue, somehow still in shock, "Since when-"

"I, I knew it! Ther, there's someone else, isn't there?"

"What are you talking about?"

"I just knew it!" She exclaims upon bursting into a river of tears and howls that do nothing but pain my already sensitive ears.

I let out a sigh, "Why are you crying?"

"Why? I-I've been with you all this time and, and you ask me WHY?"

"Yes." I answered in a blunt manner, cause I neither cared for her games, nor did I want to play it, but I recieved only an exagerrated gasp from her lips.

"I...Why would you do this to me..."

"Please don't be ridiculous." I said.

"Ridiculous!" She exclaimed, with her fists slamming down on the surface of the top of my head, stopped her tugging of my hair, and before I knew it, exploding into a flurry of louder, irritating, and higher-pitched cries. "Cruel!" She said, following a layer of exaggerated sniffles, "Wha, why are, why are you so cruel...?"

"I'm not even doing anything." I said in my defense, "You're the one standing on my head right now since you need it."

And then she stopped, "Well that's true."

I sigh of relief escaped my lips, how thankful I was for that bit of silence given by the heaven. For years, I have attempted to silence this mutt in more ways than I can possibly calculate, but never, even once, have I done it intentionally. Today was a mere fluke, because rarely, she does indeed stop, when confronted with facts. For a moment, I was overjoyed, asked, "Are going to stay on my head all day?"

"Huh?" I can feel her leaning down in attempts to look at my face, her voice, seemingly defensive, "Why would I come down now when I have the option to be like the rat from ratatouille?"

Upon my confusion, I questioned her, "What's that you're talking about this time? Are you implying you're a rat on my head?"

"Exactly! And! And! I have a few things to find actually. Th, This is a treasure hunt. Which means I, uh, need the best view! Yeah! And being at the top of the world is just the best place to do that."