Chapter 24 : Lady Emilyn Scintilla Aurina Fuero

EMILYN

"Hange." Levi called out as we all sat in the waggon while listening in, "Hey, four-eyes. Are your hobbies so boring that playing with rocks is somehow fun for you?"

Zoe replied, "Yeah. That's right. But this is no ordinary rock. It's a hardened fragment of skin left behind by the Female Titan."

"Huh? It didn't disappear?" Armin echoed in surprise.

"Right! Annie reverted from a Titan, but it's still intact even though it broke off her body. It didn't evaporate. It didn't disappear. So I thought, "What if?" When I compared it to a piece of the wall, its pattern and composition were practically identical. In other words, the wall is a barricade of humongous Titans. And if I'm right, the surface is constructed with hardened Titan skin." Zoe explained as she offered to Pastor Nick a questionable look.

Miaksa commented right after, mentioning that what Zoe had just explained was the exact same thing that Armin had just told them a moment ago.

But then Armin gasped. "Th---Then---" He wasn't ablt to continue what he said though, since Zoe, in an instant, used the palm of her left hand to shut the blonde boy's lips.

"Let me finish, Armin." She said to him as she leaned back, "As it stands, we'll be hard pressed to fill the hole in Wall Rose. That is, unless we can find the perfect boulder to plug it. But if... But if Eren, in his transformed state, could use the Titans' hardening ability to seal the hole in the wall..."

Armin gave Eren a look, to which eren had not noticed as she ducks down for one second only to mumble the same thing he just heard Zoe say, "Use me... to seal the wall?"

"It should be made of the same material. And seeing how the hardened section wont evaporate, even after you revert from a Titan...it's possible..."

Armin hesitated, "I think it's well worth the risk to try. And assuming it really does work, reclaiming Wall Maria is feasible, too. Up until now, we've had to transport a large quantity of materials and supplies. That's why the need for outposts past the wall limited our progress. But if we don't have to accommodate supply wagons...we could quickly make our way to Shiganshina. What if we carried out the plan at night?"

"At night?" Zoe questioned.

"Yes. During the night, when Titans can't move." The blonde boy said.

"I see... If the group was small enough, you could sneak all the way to Wall Maria. The current situation is as bad as it gets, but... we still have a glimmer of hope."

"Yes, but remember...it all depends on whether Eren can seal the hole or not."

Eren was shocked for a moment. I figured the burden of thinking that you'll be having humanity's last hope standing on your shoulders would be enough of a shocker for almost anyone really. But if the boy can possibly do it, I suppose, he will have no choice.

"I realize asking this hardly seems fair, but...Think you can do it?" Hange's questioned was followed by a moment of silence.

But my tongue slipped unexoectedly, "I don't see why it matters what he thinks."

"Right. It doesn't matter what you think." Levi followed, "You have to."

"You pledged to your heart." I added.

"There's no choice." He continued.

"And others are doing what they're able."

"We're out of options."

"We can't lose."

"Our forces are struggling so desperately."

"They're going to be dying for you."