25

It didn't take long for you and the other members of the crew to realise that Killer had invited two other captains of the Worst Generation to the island.

You were wondering how that would benefit the crew in any way, until it was revealed that your captain would be suggesting an alliance with the two captains. It was clear that this wasn't something Kid wanted to do and more Killer, especially clear as Kid hadn't been in a good mood the previous night and the morning. After spending the night with you, he had woken up quite literally on the wrong side of the bed. But didn't he always?

The castle was plunged in utter chaos as the news that two captains of the Worst Generation were on their way. Killer had mentioned that this was purely for work purposes and that they weren't to get friendly with your crew, and that was something you gladly took onboard. It just so happened that you didn't think getting to know any other supernova was a good idea.

From the little amounts of information you had been told, the two which were coming were the likes of Scratchman Apoo and Basil Hawkins. Tales told that the former was loud and quite insufferable, making people hate him more than want to befriend him and that the latter was rather quiet. Hawkins was said to be a man of few words, not the ideal work partner in your personal opinion. It was lucky of you never to have gone to Sabaody where the generation gathered, having stopped there not even a week later after them.

"You ready?"

Wire had come over and was stood next to you, watching the happenings. The crew was completely in shambles as they rushed to get every inch of the castle fit for possible fighting outbreak. There were cannons lining the turrets and weapons lining the walls - you would definitely say that it was all a bit overkill.

"Of course. Although this is excessive."

You loosely gestured to the crew as they hauled ammunition up the stairs and ran along the corridor; trying to ready each and every corner of the place fitted. Wire laughed and looked down at you, patting a hand on your shoulder as you raised a skeptical eyebrow.

"We can hardly trust another pirate crew, let alone one of this generation. We gotta take precautions."

Rolling your eyes, you leaned slightly on your hip and sighed loudly.

"This sounds less like an alliance and more like a planned war."

"You got that damn right."

As if from no where, Kid's raging aura came fleeting into the surrounding area - making some lower crew members stop and think about why they were alive for a few moments. Wire even looked a little hesitant as he made way for your captain. There was no real reason for him to be so mad, that's what you were thinking until all his attention turned to you.

"Angel, come here for a second."

With a quick goodbye to Wire, you followed your lover off to one of the many drawing rooms of the castle. This one had tall ceilings; bookcases too which almost matched that height which were lined with all kinds of books that probably dated back far beyond the imaginable. It was a meaningful and calm space, but the atmosphere was clearly lost as Kid shut the door behind the both of you and watched as you sat on the sofa.

He seemed to be a little less angry than before, probably because it was you he was talking to and not someone else. You fidgeted a bit in your seat, hoping to get some fresh air as soon as you were done. You loved Kid, you really did - but sometimes even he was too much for you to handle. And unlike usual, he wasn't being so soft around you. There was stress definitely getting to him.

"One thing,"

He gave you this knowing stare, as if you had done something wrong: although you hadn't done anything and weren't likely to.