Chapter 5: Weather forecast

Tsukishima sat in the park at his favorite bench. Looking around he could see only trees and the blue sky. With no people insight.whoever had placed this bench here has a good eye he thought to himself when he first found it out here.

Sitting at the bench he remembered when he first came to Tokyo's with his brother to check out his university. He was so happy that he'd be going to univeristy his older brother had gone to. Days were so much simpler back then he thought. But then his brother had to come to Tokyo due to him. Sighing he looked up at the sky and asked himself:

'If it weren't for me would he be still walking?'

Tsukishima'a brother Akiteru, was on his way to Tokyo for Tsukishima's award for getting two distinctions in his subjects when it happened. It was predicted to sunny all day with no chances of rain. And oh boy how wrong the weather forecast was that day. It not only poured like cats and dogs but also had thunderstorm that evening. That evening his brother was on the road and almost died due to the lightning bolt that hit his car.

At the time of the crash Tsukishima was going out with Suwa when it happened and it was all thanks to Suwa he could het his brother the surgery and the physical therapy he needed as Tsukishima and Akiteru were on their own since their mother has passed away two years back. And they weren't exactly financially stable at the time with having to pay for Tsukishima'a univeristy and training coaches.

Tsukishima had offered to stop playing but his brother disagreed and pushed him to continue to play volleyball. As if it weren't for that maybe he'd had some money to put towards his northern surgery and not have to go in to depth with Suwa.

When he met Suwa it was at a fund raising event held after one of his inter university volleyball matches. Tsukishima did not approached Suwa instead Suwa did thinking he was on the univeristy board.

Suwa apologized obviously afterwards for assuming so but Tsukishima laughed it off he had accidentally had alcohol infused punch which he should've known would've happened at such events. But now alcohol doesn't do much to him.

Suwa had offered to help Tsukishima and as much as Tsukishima had wanted to say no he couldn't he was desperate. He couldn't lose the last remaining family he had left. At the time Tsukishima didn't know what big of a debit he'd gotten in to until afterwards.

Suwa and Tsukishima's relationship was an odd one. Maybe one out for fifteen relationships would be like his. Suwa was in his late twenty's where as Tsukishima was only twenty-two. Their relationship was not always one sided as it was now.

It was about a month back when Suwa last hit him properly and the marks stayed. They took time to heal and by the time they'd heal new ones would be on their way.

Just then Tsukishima's phone started to ring jolting him out of his deep thoughts. It was his alarm to remind him he's got work today.

Sighing Tsukishima stopped the alarm from going off and looked up at the sky which was turning in to a darker shade of blue.

'How long had I been sitting here?'

____________

Hope that sheds some light on Tsukishima & Suwa's relationship and his past...