Chapter 14: Cake

"Here this is for you." Tsukishima handed Kuroo the plastic bag.

"For me?" Kuroo asked surprised at the offering.

"No you idiot for the neighbors." Tsukishima rolled his eyes as Kuroo took the plastic bag from his hand.

Kuroo chuckled marking Tsukishima's ears turn red.

"I'll get us plates-"

"No I already ate-"

"There is always room for cake!" Kuroo called out from the kitchen.

"Plus I can't eat this whole thing on my own." Kuroo said coming out of the kitchen with two plates and utensils.

"I'm sure you can." Tsukishima snorted.

"I can...but I wanna eat it with you." Kuroo smiled at Tsukishima not helping his already red ears heat coming to his cheeks.

"Come on." Kuroo called Tsukishima as he unboxed the cake on the small dinning table of theirs.

"I'm really not hungry." Tsukishima waved his hand in the air.

As Tsukishima was about to walk away Kuroo grabbed his hand. And it sent shivers down his spine. His heart started pounding fast and his cheeks heated up.

What happening to me??

"Please eat with me." Kuroo said it in away that melted Tsukishima's heart. That voice came out as if he was pleading Tsukishima to stay there with him. And it made a ghost smile reach his lips.

"Okay." Tsukishima blurted out and put his free hand on his mouth.

Did I just agree to eat with him?

"Great! Now let's cut this cake." Kuroo said tugging Tsukishima behind him towards the table not letting go off his hand.

"Here ya go." Kuroo said placing a slice on a plate and passing it to Tsukishima.

"That's too big." Tsukishima said pushing the plate back at Kuroo. "I'll cut my own slice."

"Okie." Kuroo said as he sat down on the chair.

Tsukishima cut the thinnest slice he could without ruining the cake's face. And placed it on his plate and sat down opposite to Kuroo. The table wasn't that big so Tsukishima and Kuroo weren't sitting that far from each other.

"That's a pretty thin slice for someone who's favorite cake is strawberry short cake." Kuroo said as he took a bite.

"How do you know?" Tsukishima asked confused to why Kuroo would know that.

"Yam's told me." Kuroo said swallowing his bite.

"Yam's?" Tsukishima questioned.

"I mean Yamaguchi I gave him a nickname-"

"When did you two talk?" Tsukishima asked in a panic.

"He came over looking for you on Saturday...I told him you weren't there." Kuroo said shushing.

"So you guys chit chatted?" Tsukishima asked razing a brow.

"Yeah.."

"Then how'd this topic arrive? Of me liking strawberry short cake." Tsukishima asked.

"Oh it just popped up." Kuroo said taking another bite of the cake.

"Just like that?" Tsukishima asked not believing that the topic just rose up like that.

"I asked him what you like to eat." Kuroo said swallowing his bite. "He told me the only think you like is salted Pringles and strawberry short cake." Kuroo shrugged.

"Here have a bite." Kuroo said as he brought up a piece of cake on the fork in front of Tsukishima's mouth and Tsukishima pulled back.

"What're you doing?"

"Feeding you." Kuroo said as the brought the fork nearer to Tsukishima's mouth. Tsukishima cursed the table for being so small that Kuroo could reach his hand till his mouth.

"Say ahh..." Kuroo said.

Tsukishima reluctantly opened his mouth and took the piece him his mouth making Kuroo smile and Tsukishima went red.

Why does he have this affect on me?

"It's good isn't it?" Kuroo asked taking a bite himself.

"I'm the one who got it." Tsukishima rolled his eyes.

"Now come on eat your slice." Kuroo urged. Hoping Tsukishima would eat the cake slice.

Tsukishima rubbed off all the cream and ate only the cake and strawberry on top that too so slow that Kuroo was on his second slice.

Just then Tsukishima's phone rang.

"Excuse me." Tsukishima said as he went to answer his phone. It was Suwa.

"Hello."

"Hello Tsukishima," Suwa greeted. "I hope your back."

"Yes I just got back a hour ago" Tsukishima told Suwa.

"Did you have a safe ride back."

"Yes, I did. Thank you for asking."

"Come tonight by 10 I've got some guests coming." Suwa told Tsukishima.

"I can't-"

"Why not?" Suwa asked in a agitated tone.

"I've got an early class tom-"

"You can skip a day it won't matter." Suwa told Tsukishima.

"But-"

Suwa cut the call.

"Everything alright?" Kuroo's asked walking up to Tsukishima.

"Yeah," Tsukishima said nodded. "I've gotta go out tonight."

"But didn't you say you have a class early tomorrow." Kuroo said tilting his head to the right.

"It's alright I can handle it."

____________________

Can he handle it?