Chapter 33: Excuse me

"What's this?" Kuroo asked looking at the fading purple bruises on Tsukishima's body.

"It's nothing." Tsukishima said sitting up.

"It's something!" Kuroo said in a concerted tone as he brought his hand to touch one of the fading purple marks. It looked like finger marks.

"Did he do this to you?" Kuroo asked in a a very tone.

"I said it's nothing." Tsukishima said as he looked around the room for his shirt.

"Tsukki?" Kuroo as cupping Tsukishima's face making Tsukishima lock eyes with Kuroo.

"Tell me did he do this? Cause if he did I swear to god I'll-"

"Move." Tsukishima said as he wiggled his way out from underneath Kuroo.

"If he's hurting you I'll beat the crap out of him." Kuroo said fuming as he stood up.

"This was a mistake." Tsukishima said as he stood up from the couch.

"Mistake?" Kuroo asked as he grabbed Tsukishima wrist making him turn to face Kuroo.

"You want me just as much as I want you-"

"No," Tsukishima said. "This was all your game of seduction." Tsukishima spat at Kuroo.

"The whole smiling at me and-and-"

"And what?" Kuroo asked in an angry tone. "I smile at your cause I can't help it, okay?"

"That night you told me you liked me, you wanted me." Kuroo told Tsukishima. "I don't know if you even remember but I do, okay? I do!"

Tsukishima was taken aback.

"You don't know how long it took me to forget about you." Kuroo said and sighed. "But then you waltzed in my life again!" Kuroo exclaimed.

"You fucking live in the same apartment as I, out rooms are just a few feet away. Do you know how hard it was for me to control my feelings for you? Do you know how much I had to endure? Do you?"

Tsukishima was at loss of words so Kuroo continued.

"Seduction you say I did but what about you? You could've just said no to moving in with me knowing our history yet you did. I didn't force you to do anything. You kissed me you're the one who got me to lose control over my feelings for you."

"If I going to be such a big problem for you why didn't you just decline my request to live with you,huh?" Tsukishima asked starting to fume up.

"Don't blame me for having to 'control your feeling' when you could've simply said no to letting me become your roommate. But you didn't."

Kuroo was silent.

"And if I'm being such a pain in the ass for you I'll leave!" Tsukishima said as he stomped his way to his room.

"Tsukki, wait!"

Before Kuroo say anything else Tsukishima slammed the door shut.

The next morning Tsukishima is woke up with the worst headache and wanted to just sleep in but he had to go over his final course assignment today before his finals began.

Sighing Tsukishima sat up and his eyes traveled to the door from where he could hear soft knocking.

Kuroo...

Just then Tsukishima remembered the events that took place last night. Tsukishima immediately turned red in embarrassment before it turned into anger.

"Tsukki, you up?" Kuroo called out in a sweet voice laced with concern.

Tsukishima didn't reply he sat on his bed hugging his knees.

Kuroo knocked once more and Tsukishima still didn't reply. Tsukishima heard Kuroo sigh loudly before he heard footsteps disappearing from his hearing range.

Tsukishima spent the next two hours just laying in bed going over the events from last night. Eventually Tsukishima got out of bed and headed for his desk and studied a bit to hey his mind off which wasn't helpful but at least he got his assignment done.

Around 12pm Tsukishima changed out or his night suit and as he was about to open the bedroom door realized he'd have to face Kuroo if he had to head out of his room.

Taking a deep breath Tsukishima unlocked the door knob and Beas ded for the lounge where he saw Kuroo sitting on the couch with his books scattered on the coffee table.

His semester must be beginning...

Tsukishima thought himself.

Before Tsukishima could sneak his way out of the apartment Kuroo's goice brought Tsukishima to a halt.

"Where're you going?" Kuroo asked keeping his eyes on his laptop as his typing started to slow down.

"To meet with Yamaguchi." Tsukishima said in a matter of fact tone.

"When will you be back." Kuroo asked as he stopped typing.

"A while."

This is getting awkward...

"Can we talk once you're back?" Kuroo asked as he closed his laptop screen.

"There's nothing to-" Tsukishima stopped mid sentence as he locked eyes with Kuroo. "to talk about..." Tsukishima said breaking off the gaze.

"Tsukki-"

"I've got to go." Tsukishima said as he turned to walk away but Kuroo grabbed his sleeve and caused Tsukishima to turn to face Kuroo.

"You know I like you right?" Kuroo said as his hand left Tsukishima's sleeve and grabbed Tsukishima hand.

Tsukishima looked back at Kuroo and their eyes met and something in Tsukishima sparked.

"I really like you Tsukki..." Kuroo said once more he brought his left hand that had been bandaged to cup Tsukishima right cheek.

"And I know you-"

"It was just a spur of the moment, okay?" Tsukishima said as he closed his eyes for a brief second.

"No if you'll excuse I have to be somewhere." Tsukishima as he removed Kuroo's hand from his cheek and walked away.

___________________

What do you think will happen next?

Comment y'all predictions 👏