Chapter 16: Tell me

"Hello?" Yamaguchi answered the phone.

"Yamaguchi?" Kuroo asked.

"Ah yes Kuroo." Yamaguchi replied as he gathered his books from the table.

"Everything alright?" Yamaguchi asked when he didn't get a reply from Kuroo.

"I need to ask you something." Kuroo said in a very serious tone.

"Okay," Yamaguchi gulped.

"It's about Tsukishima." Kuroo said in a serious tone.

"Okay...I just got done with my morning classes," Yamaguchi told Kuroo. "If you want we can meet up at the cafe down at 56 street." Yamaguchi offered. As he knew this was probably something serious.

"Yeah sounds good." Kuroo said. "See you in 20." Kuroo said before cutting the call.

"What has he done now..." Yamaguchi sighed.

Sitting at the cafe Yamaguchi ordered a vanilla milkshake with fries. He for sound odd reason loved fries dipped in vanillas milkshakes as much as people said it's weird the combo was amazing.

"Sorry, I'm late." Kuroo apologized as he took a seat in front of Yamaguchi.

Kuroo was dressed in a pair of red track suit with 'NEKOMA' stitched on to the top right corner of the jacket he wore over a black tee shirt.

"Practice took long?" Yamaguchi asked as he took a sip of his milkshake.

"Yeah kinda," kuroo's chuckled. "Got a pretty moody setter to deal with. Reminds me of Kageyama."

Yamaguchi let out a laugh remembering the old Kageyama who couldn't even praise a single soul.

"So what is it you want to talk about?" Yamaguchi asked as Kuroo.

"So last night I found Tsukishima...puking." Kuroo said lining his lips in a straight line.

"But it seemed like he'd had too much alcohol or-"

"Party pills." Yamaguchi sighed.

"Party pills?!!?"

"They're these pills that make you lose-"

"I know what they are," Kuroo said folding his arms on the table. "But why'd he take them?"

"Honestly, I've been asking myself the same question." Yamaguchi said as he offered Kuroo some fries.

"No, I'm good." Kuroo declined the offer.

"So how long has he been taking them?" Kuroo asked.

"About six months or so..."

"Six months!!" Kuroo exclaimed. "You know about this for so long and you haven't said anything to him?" Kuroo asked.

"I've tried to talk to him but he doesn't listen to me." Yamaguchi said looking up at the ceiling.

"But I kind of understand a bit why he takes em too..." Yamaguchi sighed closed his eyes. "But that doesn't mean I'm okay with him taking them."

"What can possibly be a good reason to take party pills??" Kuroo exclaimed.

"To not feel conscious when he does it." Yamaguchi said sipping his vanilla milkshake.

"Does what?" Kuroo asked confused to the what Yamaguchi was implying.

"Does stuff he doesn't want to."

"Why would he do stuff he doesn't want to?"

"Cause he has too..."

"I'm sorry Yam's but this is totally going over my head...can you please elaborate a bit. I'm really concerned about him after I saw the state he was in last night shocked me..."

Should I tell him...

Yamaguchi asked himself.

He is bound to find out eventually.... thought I didn't expect it to be this early...

"Promise me you'll not tell Tsukki what I'm about to tell you." Yamaguchi said in all seriousness.

"Promise."

Yamaguchi told Kuroo everything. From when he first found about about the beating Tsukishima had been getting to the he found Tsukki sprawled outside their apartment complex unable to even get up.

He told him about how Tsukishima feels in debt to Suwa for his help in paying for the bills of the surgery his brother had to get after the car accident and how Suwa has been taking advantage of that.

To what he'd hear Tsukishima cry and talk about in his sleep pleading Suwa to stop.

Kuroo was in complete shock after hearing all this that had been going on in Tsukishima's life. He'd imagined Tsukishima to be that emotionless hard to break type. They way Tsukishima had been in high school when he first met him. But now seeing how he'd become made Kuroo feel weird. Cause he doesn't get the 'stone cold hard bitchiness' he had once encountered. And thought to himself...

Why didn't I notice this earlier? I thought he'd changed but I never imagined why he'd changed into the person he is today.

_______________

Yamaguchi spilled the tea...what do you think Kuroo will do now?