Chapter 24: Eggs

The smell of something burning woke Kuroo up instead of his alarm. His first thought was...

Did I leave the stove on??

Kuroo quickly jumped out of bed and headed to the kitchen where he found Tsukishima coughing standing at the stove holding a spatula. His eyes fell on the stove where in the pan was something burnt to crisp.

"What're you doing?" Kuroo asking walking towards Tsukishima who stood at the stove.

"Uh..."

Tsukishima suddenly felt awkward.

Kuroo stood there in a pair for boxers only showing his chiseled upper body that made Tsukishima's ears get hot.

Shaking his head he looked back at the pan. How was to suppose to tell Kuroo that he felt bad for dropping the eggs last night and woke up early to go to the grocery store to get new ones.

"What is that?" Kuroo asked walking closer to the stove and bending down to check what was in the pan.

Kuroo's eyebrows furrowed confused to what was in the pan. As it was brownish and with some specks of yellow.

"I was trying to make an omelet..." Tsukishima said in a low tone but Kuroo head him.

"I thought you didn't like eggs." Kruoo said straightening up.

"I was trying to make them for you, you idiot." Tsukishima turned red.

This is so embarrassing

Tsukishima thought to himself.

"Oh...why?" Kuroo asked confused to why Tsukishima would be making an omelette for him.

"Just like that..." Tsukishima said as he scrapped the egg bits stuck to the pan with his spatula.

"So you're telling me you just felt like making me an omelette?" Kuroo asked raising a eyebrow.

"I felt like guilty!" Tsukishima exclaimed turning his head to face Kuroo who's face was mer inches away from his and it made Tsukishima's ears heat up.

Kuroo's hazel eyes met Tsukishima's honey tinted light brown eyes. He stood there for a whole minute just looking into each other's eyes before Kuroo's eyes wandered off to Tsukishima's lips which parted slightly letting out a hot minty breath to hit Kuroo's lips and he took a deep breath before gulping and breaking eye contact.

If he'd stayed any more longer the way they had been Kuroo's lips would've found their way to Tsukishima's and he didn't want that to happen. He didn't want to ruin anything like there wasn't much but he felt like there was a chance for improvement.

Tsukishima whipped his head back towards the stove and picked up the pan as he walked over to the bin. Throwing the egg in the bin Kuroo's eyes caught a glimpse of the amount of failed attempts that lay in the bin.

"How many times did you try to make an omelette?" Kuroo asked raising eyebrow.

"Four." Tsukishima mumbled as he put the pan in the sink.

This made Kuroo laugh.

"Four times? That's absurd!" Kuroo said as he walked over to the sink where Tsukishima stood washing the pan.

"Here," Kuroo said as he took the sponge from Tsukishima's hand slightly brushing off Tsukishima's hand. "Let me do it."

Tsukishima huffed.

"I can wash a pan." Tsukishima said folding his arms.

"You were using the rough side of the sponge that would leave scratches on the pan." Kuroo said as he dried the pan.

"Oh.."

"Yeah," Kuroo said as he lit up the stove once more. "Now I shall show you how a pro makes an omelette." Kuroo turned his head towards Tsukishima and smirked.

Tsukishima just rolled his eyes.

"So first you to break an egg in a bowl and mix it up." Kuroo told Tsukishima as he whisked the eggs in a bowl.

"Then you add the seasoning." Kuroo added some salt, pepper and some chilies. "I like my omelette kinda spicy." Kuroo told Tsukishima as he whisked the new ingredients into the eggs.

"Then comes the pan. So you heat up the pan and add some butter." Kuroo showed Tsukishima.

"Well come closer," Kuroo said turning his head back to see Tsukishima standing behind him.

Tsukishima took a few steps and stood next to Kuroo as he continued to show Tsukishima how to make an omelette step by step.

"Now you fold it and flip it to the other side."

Tsukishima nodded.

"Then after like 30 seconds you're egg is done." Kuroo said as he closed the flame from underneath the pan. "Hand me a plate would ya?" Kuroo asked as he picked up the omelette on the spatula.

"Here," Tsukishima said handing Kuroo a plate.

"Come on let's eat." Kuroo said walking towards the small table they had.

Tsukishima just followed Kuroo to the table. Sitting down Kuroo remembered he doesn't have utensils so he got up and got a fork and a knife.

"Here," Kuroo said cutting a piece of egg and bringing it to Tsukishima's mouth. "Try it."

"I don't eat eg-"

"Try it." Kuroo pushed and brought the fork closer to Tsukishima's mouth making Tsukishima curse the stupid table for not allowing there to beucg distance between the chairs.

"Come on, just a tinny bite."

"Fine." Tsukishima said opening his mouth slightly enough for Kuroo to put the omelette piece in his mouth.

"How is it?" Kuroo asked.

"It's good." Tsukishima said as he swallowed.

"I know right!" Kuroo exclaimed taking a bite himself.

Just then there was a knock on the door.

____________________

Yes, I know Iwaizumi and Kuroo are experts at making omelettes cause I love omelettes myself! I legit make one every morning for myself.

Do you like omelettes?

Andddd do you know how to make one?