Chapter 22: Wingman

"Tsukishima," Tera called. "Take this to table 3 would ya." She said handing Tsukishima a tray with a bowl of salad and a vanilla milkshake.

Interesting combo.

Tsukishima thought before taking it to the table. Reaching the table he saw there was a mother and her child who's order this. Tsukishima mentally smacked himself for thinking why would someone have such a combination of food.

Thanks to Yamaguchi's odd taste he'd learn that 'French fries are a milkshakes best friend' that reminded Tsukishima that Yamaguchi was still at his apartment working on the essay.

For a brief moment Tsukishima felt bad for leaving him alone up there but then again he couldn't help it. It was time for his shift.

If Yamaguchi hadn't started chit chatting with Kuroo maybe he would've been done too.

Tsukishima thought to himself.

Going back inside the kitchen to return the tray and wait for the next order Tsukishima remembered Kuoo saying he was doing his masters. Tsukishima found it astonishing that a person like Kuroo who is basically a child has the skill to do masters that too with a scholarship.

Shaking his head he smiled to himself.

Suddenly the very thought of Kuroo brought back memories of the day before. When he had his wet dream. Tsukishima cringed at the thought 'wet dream'. He hasn't had one of those since like being thirteen or fourteen. And that too about Kuroo.

At the time he'd though it was just his sexual frustration talking but it felt more than that. He remembered how Kuroo's expression darkened and how he felt the slight bludge and how it made Tsukishima's member excited.

Has he been that deprived of sex? He'd only given blowjobs to grandfathers or gotten fucked by Suwa twice this month that too not satisfying his needs so maybe that was talking.

Suwa never lasted long in bed. Not from the very start. A few thrusts and he'd release. It wasn't much fun. Well it wasn't fun at all doing it with someone who'd tie you up and fuck you with rubber toys to his pleasure.

"Table 10." The chef called out handing Tsukishima a plate of lasagne.

Heading out of the kitchen he served the customer with their order before heading back to the kitchen.

"I'll have a capuchino please." He heard a familiar voice call out. "To go."

It was Yamaguchi.

"What're you doing here?" Tsukishima asked as he made his way towards the counter where Tera stood taking the order.

"Know each other?" Tera asked looking between the two.

"He's my best friend." Yamaguchi smiled at Tera.

"Tera, I'm the owner of this cafe." Tera introduced herself.

"Yamaguchi, nice to meet you." Yamaguchi stretched a hand to shake which Tera took.

"Oh Tsukki I wanted to let you know I'm heading out with Kuroo." Yamaguchi told Tsukishima as he took out his wallet.

"We'll be back in a bit."

"That's will be 12¥." Yamaguchi handed Tera the cash.

"I thought you had to finish the essay..." Tsukishima said to Yamaguchi.

"Oh yeah, Kuroo helped me out with it." Yamaguchi said as he took the change from Tera.

"He's really good at analyzing." Yamaguchi said putting the wallet in his pocket.

"Where're you two going?" Tsukishima asked Yamaguchi.

"Grocery shopping."

"Grocery shopping?"

"Yup, he found this new store just down Xi lane. It's supposed to have all kinds of imported products." Yamaguchi sighed explained.

"Tsukishima if you're done chatting please make cappuccino for your friend here." Tera smiled.

"Yes Ma'am- I mean Tera." Tsukishima said said he went towards the coffee machines.

"Kuroo's pretty cool ya know." Yamaguchi said as he follows Tsukishima along on the opposite side of the counter. "The man really knows his stuff."

Tsukishima didn't say anything as he tried to work out the machines so Yamaguchi continued.

"He's pretty smart, kind, funny and pretty hot too would you say?" Yamaguchi asked making Tsukishima nearly drop the cup.

Hot? Since when does Yamaguchi call guys hot?

"What're you trying to do here?" Tsukishima asked as he put the ingredients in the machine.

"Just saying he seems like a good guy." Yamaguchi shrugged.

"Maybe someone you should date?" Yamaguchi added.

"What are you? His wingman?" Tsukishima raised a brow.

"Just saying," Yamaguchi said folding his arms. "He's way better than Suwa."

Tsukishima didn't reply and continued to work the coffee machine.

"You're not denying it?" Yamaguchi said gasping.

"Yamaguchi," Tsukishima said in a stern voice. "I'm already with someone."

"Who treats you like shit." Yamaguchi muttered but Tsukishima heard him.

"I've gotta get back to work." Tsukishima said as he handed Yamaguchi his cappuccino in a to go cup.

"That was fast." Yamaguchi exclaimed.

"Gotten used to it I guess." Tsukishima said as he walked away from Yamaguchi back to the kitchen.

_______________

Just look at our little wingman trying to set up his bestie with Kuroo 🥺