Chapter 44

Warning: this chapter contains some parts from the transcripts of The Original, Season 2 Episode 9, 'The map of moments'

Also, "Murder on the dancefloor" here is probably not the best song for this chapter but I couldn't help myself haha. Youtube suggested it to me a few weeks ago and d*mn, I can't believe it's already so old haha. Anyone remembers it? (or to make me feel old, anyone just discovered it?)

***

Christmas 1914, New Orleans

"So, how do I look?" Kol asked while turning to Nora who was watching him from the bed.

"As handsome as ever. You are going to break quite a lot of heart tonight. If we didn't need to leave, I would have strapped you to the bed."

"Sounds kinky," he winked at her, "care to elaborate?"

Their outfits couldn't have been more different. Kol was dressed in a black suit and a white shirt, his hair neatly brushed back. Nora on the other hand was wearing an old dress that had been resewed countless times before and a long, disheveled black wig. With shoes full of holes and good makeup, she looked like a poor thirty years old woman.

"Well, it involves you and me, a bed and no clothes."

He chuckled before walking to her and pulling her into his arms, forcing her to get off the bed. "I love you, Nora Mikaelson."

"And I, you, Kol Mikaelson. Never forget that."

"How could I?" he pinched her nose gently and then put on a serious expression. "You remember the plan?"

It wasn't his first time asking this particular question yet he couldn't help himself. Every time, Nora responded with an indulgent glint in her gaze.

"Yes, don't worry about me. I just have to burn a few empty buildings. You are the one who has to be prudent." She linked their fingers together and stared at them worriedly. "No matter what, you have to come back to me."

"I will," Kol promised and then cradled her face with his hands, his eyes warm and caring. "I know the past few years haven't been easy and I have been far too much obsessed and crazy with the gold dagger but after tonight, I promise we will go on a very long holiday."

"Just you and me?"

"Just you and me, doing whatever you want."

An amused expression crossed over her face and she patted his cheek, laughing lightly. "Then you better be prepared to travel through South America for at least one year."

"As you wish, love."

"And buy me a private island. With money. No mind compulsion."

He lifted a brow in amusement. "You realize the money I spend is also yours?"

"Who says I'll let you use our money? You will, of course, find another way to earn money."

Alright, no need to say more. This wife of his, he knew her far too well.

His lips curved into a smirk when he said, "You want to play Robin Hood again, don't you?"

"Just a little bit," she admitted with a somewhat bashful grin, "It's been a while, you know."

He shook his head fondly. "Alright, we'll do as you wish."

Before leaving, Kol glanced at his wife one last time, his eyes darting around her face as if to carve the memory of her in his mind.

"Wait for me at the train station. I won't be late."

Then he left and headed for the Mikaelson compound, quickly mingling with the guests and finding the witch who agreed to accompany him to the holiday party. Her name was Freya and she was neither on Kol nor Niklaus' sides. Instead, she acted merely as a curious passer-by and wanted to see the infamous Mikaelson siblings. In exchange, she agreed to create a small diversion during the party.