Chapter 30

As it was already late in the year, the weather in the Kingdom of England was rainy and the sun was rarely seen. As such, Kol and Nora didn't waste any time and took the first boat to France.

There, waiting for them at the port, Sage Mikaelson was standing next to a luxurious horse-drawn carriage. Grandly dressed with a feather in her hair and lavish jewels, her whole face lit up when she caught sight of them. She waved to draw their attention.

When Nora saw her, it was as if a weight had suddenly disappeared from her shoulders and she let out a sigh of relief. Noticing her reaction, Kol took hold of her hand and led her to his sister-in-law, leaving behind two compelled burly men to take care of their luggage.

They crossed the distance quickly, walking through the crowd easily.

"Kol, Nora, it's good to see you again."

Nora let go of his hand and embraced the vampire. With their red hair, they could almost pass for sisters. "Sage, it's such a relief to see that you are fine."

Sage started, her eyes wide in surprise, and she awkwardly patted Nora's back.

"You too Nora, I truly feared the worst back then," Sage said before casting a glance at Kol, her eyes darkening, "especially when the stupid being you call your fiancé never bothered to send me a word. I only received one a few days ago to tell me of your future wedding."

The two women stared at him as if he was the biggest idiot ever and fine, Kol might have made a tiny mistake. Still, it wasn't enough to make him feel any guilt. Ignoring their staring, Kol shrugged his shoulders and smirked.

Nora crossed her arms in front of her chest and lifted her brows, obviously not impressed with him.

"You knew before the proposal that I was going to say yes?"

Sage's head turned so quickly to look at Nora that her neck cracked loudly. Yes, it seemed to be the only thing his darling remembered from the whole sentence.

"Of course," he scoffed arrogantly before pointing at his own body, "Nora you are the only woman who can enjoy this amazing body. How could you say no?"

"Right", Nora drawled, her eyes twitching, "keep dreaming honey."

"Of you, always."

A young, lean vampire who looked barely out of his teenage years placed a step stool in front of the carriage and opened the door. He then raised his forearm horizontally for Nora and Sage to use for support to climb into the carriage. Looking at the scene, the two redheads almost appeared to be two sisters from a rich family and the young vampire, their elegant and well-mannered manservant.

Just when the young man was going to step back, Kol grabbed his wrist and forced him to remain in the same position. "What? Are you unwilling to help me because I'm not as charming as the two ladies?" Kol asked cheekily, batting his eyelashes.

A loud sigh echoed from inside the carriage before Nora put her head outside, glanced at them with a deadpan expression and took hold of Kol's arm, pulling him harshly into the carriage. Startled, Kol found himself lying flat on his stomach, his legs still hanging outside.

"Sorry honey, I thought you would rather be helped by your lovely fiancée than by an unknown boy," Nora apologized in a sweet voice, reaching out to help him stand up.

Pushing her hand aside with a pout, Kol quickly got up and sat on the seat beside her, wrapping one arm around her waist to move her on his lap. As a matter of fact, Nora had never enjoyed using a carriage if it had a roof. She would always end up sick with a headache. However, here, they didn't have much of a choice as Kol doubted Sage would agree to use the same way of travelling as the one Kol and Nora used to reach Italy three decades ago.