Interlude 3 - Past, Present, and Future

Warning: Yes, Nora can be a little crazy and the temptation was just too hard to resist. Hopefully, when you reach that point (can't miss it), you will find it as funny as I. If not... Well, too bad, cause I sure have no regret haha

***

Nora had lost track of how long she had been waiting sitting on a bench at the train station. The rain had long since washed away her makeup and the black wig was lying on the ground causing her short red hair to be in plain view. She looked like a widow who just buried her husband and a thick cloud of despair clung to her skin with no desire of ever letting go.

Somehow, she was cold in spite of the fire running through her veins and her hands were trembling.

Kol was gone. Again. And she was alone in New Orleans. Again.

Suddenly, a sob tore from her throat and she lifted her knees up to her chest. As she wrapped her arms around her legs and her soaked dress, tears started spilling down her cheeks.

The last train had left long ago and the station was now empty. On the platform, the only sounds came from the raindrops hitting the ground and the whimpers escaping from her mouth every now and then.

Why didn't she stop Kol before his obsession with that damn dagger got too strong? Why didn't she bring him out of New Orleans and far from his hypocrite siblings?

Why?!

Now it was too late and all she had were her regrets.

All of a sudden, footsteps and laughter rang out throughout the station and four men stepped on the platform. Nora gave them a blank stare before going back to look at the rails.

"So, Kol Mikaelson's male lover is actually a woman," one of the men snickered.

Just this simple sentence and Nora knew they were either Klaus or Elijah's lackeys.

A cold glint flashed in her gaze like the blade of a knife and she began to imagine their screams at the moment of their deaths.

"Or he could be cross-dressing."

"We should check," the one who spoke first laughed lewdly.

Nora didn't move but she lowered her head, her lips twitching. As expected of the Mikaelson brothers' lackeys, they were a bunch of uncultured morons. It made sense. Klaus loved feeling superior. Clever lackeys were something he didn't need.

The moment a hand touched her shoulder, she clasped the wrist and turned her head to look at the idiot in front of her. Small beady dark eyes, sunken cheeks, and a wanton grimace on his face. He truly looked like an idiot.

"No one ever told you it's improper to touch a woman without her consent?" she sneered.

The man and his 'friends' chortled and the hand on her shoulder tightened until her bone broke in a loud and disgusting crack. Still, Nora remained unfazed and simply lifted a brow at them.

"I see no lady here, just a little street rat," the tallest vampire mocked, dak veins flashing underneath his eyes.

"Yes, indeed," Nora agreed with a nod of her head, "a street rat... and rat food."

"Wha-?"

The fire startled them but it was already too late as the merciless flames started licking their flesh. Their screams rang out loudly but Nora ignored them and her gaze went back to the rails in front of her. Beads of sweat appeared on her forehead as using her own fire was quite tiring.

But she didn't care.

It was still raining. And she was still alone.

***