❍6❍

Taehyun's POV

I fell knees first, then palms flat on the cold ground, making eye contact with the floor for a few seconds. I already had an assumption on who would do this sick thing to a person. Taehyung. I looked up to confirm, I changed my gaze from the marble floor to a deep, piercing gaze of no other than Kim Taehyung.

His gaze already sending chills down my numb body. I got up with snickers heard around the room. I locked my eyes with Taehyung's, an intense staring contest. It was soon broken by a familiar voice from behind me.

"Hey, Taehyung leave the poor kid alone"

Poor. A word I really didn't need right now.

"It's only his second day, give him a break", the voice continued.

"Then it's better for him to learn his place earlier. He should've known better than to cross me." Taehyung responded. Slow footsteps approaching me, the only thing ringing in my ears, with each tread a prick of warmth sparked in my body.

A soft hand reached my wrist pulling me close to a body radiating warmth. For once I felt safe, important, relevant. I didn't want to let go of this feeling. The wall that was slowly growing by the second finally started to crack. A piece of me that was once lost started flickering into place.

"Taehyun, let's go, come sit with Kai and me", the familiar voice whispered into my ears, the breath tickling my skin. I was still making eye contact with Taehyung, he finally broke his gaze with a scoff.

"Fine, only because it's you, but that doesn't mean you're let off the hook," He looked at me from top to bottom to top again, "Taehyun", he said with a superior smirk.

Taehyung kicked my bag that was still on the ground and left with the other boys trailing behind him. Jungkook, Taehyung's right-hand man, shoved me almost knocking me over but the body behind me gave me support.

Kai finally came out of nowhere and picked up my bag with a pitied expression, he handed it to me. I took it but avoiding the latter's eyes, the hand still over my wrist pulled me to the table where the boy and Kai sat. The rest of the cafeteria went back to its previous state with still a few whispers and glances at me.

"I'm Beomgyu, I don't think I formally introduced myself,", he stuck out his hand for a handshake but I just nodded only focusing on the heat coming from the brunet. Beomgyu nervously chuckled slowly retracting his hand.

"Yeah, Taehyun's like that," Kai said after his high-pitched dolphin laugh.

"Oh...... Well, are you hungry?" Beomgyu asked trying to break the tension. I shook my head. Lies. I was starving, I haven't eaten anything since two days ago at the orphanage. I had to keep it to myself, I didn't want to burden him, I also didn't deserve it.

There was a reason why I was lonely and always suffering, right? Beomgyu was looking at me suspiciously almost like he knew I was lying, but he gave a shrug and a small sigh.

The rest of lunch was just talking about Kai's dreams about his dolphin plushie. Beomgyu kept arguing about how the dolphin could walk on land if it didn't have legs. It was mostly just those two talking, but I was comfortable like this.

Beomgyu's POV

I saw Taehyun a few feet from where Kai and I were sitting. I looked away for a second and heard a thud, it was Taehyun, he got tripped by the school bullies a.k.a my brother, Taehyung. I was tired of Taehyung's behavior, I know I couldn't change it but I could at least help Taehyun. I got up and shouted,

"Hey, Taehyung leave the poor kid alone, It's only his second day, give him a break."

"Then it's better for him to learn his place earlier. He should've known better than to cross me." Taehyung responded. I couldn't stand this anymore, I marched my way to where the blonde was standing and pulled him close to me scared if Taehyung would hurt him again, and once again I felt the coldness coming from his body even though the multiple layers he was wearing. I whispered in his ears to make him feel safe,