⊼17⊼

No One's POV

The past week has been living hell for Taehyun. For the last few days, he would purposefully avoid Beomgyu no matter what and would block off everyone just like before. He couldn't sleep at all causing dark circles and he barely tried to take care of himself.

The scene at the amusement park kept replaying in his mind. He ran the thousands of scenarios that could have happened in his head. There were so many ways that could've made the situation better, but no, Taehyun just had to choose the worst one.

During class, Taehyun sometimes saw Hueningkai stealing a few concerned glances, but he would never actually approach the shorter. Whenever Taehyun's classes were over, he saw Soobin accompanied by Yeonjun standing outside the door waiting for his class to finish.

Taehyun didn't know how the two were able to come and wait when class wasn't even over; especially with them being in a higher grade it's almost impossible for class to finish early, but that was the least of Taehyun's worries.

Taehyun was heading to his last class while spacing out, recalling the horrid memories that were only a small part of the collection.

Flashback (No One's POV)

The crack of the fireworks triggered something in Taehyun. Wincing at the bright lights flashing before his eyes. He had heard Beomgyu ask him something he never expected,

"Will you be my boyfriend?" Taehyun didn't fully comprehend what Beomgyu was asking. Everything surrounding him was a distraction and all Taehyun knew was that he had to go somewhere other than there. Without thinking he yelled out a 'no' followed by a 'sorry'. The next thing he knew was that he was running. Taehyun didn't exactly comprehend where and it didn't matter at that point either.

With each stride, he could feel the warmth depleting inside of him. Something that Taehyun never wanted to experience again. The tears that the blonde didn't know he was shedding slowly came to a stop. He slumped in the middle of the sidewalk panting and trying to apprehend what just happened.

The blonde took in the words that the brunet said one by one. Realizing what Beomgyu said, Taehyun was frozen. It was like an override command had taken over preventing any accidents. Taehyun knew that this was for the better but he couldn't help but think of what would've happened if he said yes.

Taehyun knew that Beomgyu was the only person that could make him feel again, he knew that Beomgyu was his only source of happiness. And now, he just threw all of that away. Who knew one word would make such a big impact? Taehyun did and already suffered the consequences but here he is, repeating the same mistake.

Getting up with shaky legs, Taehyun knew that he wasn't welcome at Beomgyu's house anymore and the only other place to stay was at the orphanage. Taehyun knew what was coming his way as soon as he remembered the orphanage. He hadn't been there in a week. He doubts that Ms. Kim actually cared about his well-being, but he knew that he would be treated as something to let out her frustration.

Taehyun wasn't really excited to go to the orphanage so he took his time to get back. He wasn't exactly sure where he was at the moment, but if he kept walking he would get a sense of where he is.

The roads and sidewalks were all empty and the streetlights were dim, a few were flickering about to go out. The wind was in full force making piercing cold gusts. The sky was filled with clouds dimming the moon's gleam. Luckily, there were no signs of rain yet.

Taehyun winced at the headache that was starting to form causing him to be disoriented. He felt the recognizable thick liquid dripping down from his nose. There was nothing he could do at the point so he let the blood trickle down. He harshly blinked a few times trying to focus on his path again, the once dim lights were now blinding the boy. Taehyun stood there for a few minutes rubbing his eyes so he could get back.