⏃7⏃

No One's POV

It wasn't fair.

The world isn't fair, and although Taehyun knew it first-hand himself, it still baffled him how cruel the world can be. He lost his parents. He didn't have any friends in the first place. Anyone that he'd consider a teacher was more than gone.

A home was all he wanted.

It didn't even have to be a dark coffee brown with clear window sills that glimmer in the light. It was the one he often saw in his dreams. And when he woke up, he knew they wouldn't be anything more than that.

However, there was something about a feather touch. A feather touch that made the gunshot quieter than a fly and the smelly, claustrophobic closet a pasture of flowers. And although he would never ever admit it to himself, there was something about the person who carried this feather touch too.

Taehyun's POV

The warmth engulfing me pulled me away from the darkness that has trapped me in the shadows for so long. I forgot how the sun felt against my skin, how to feel a connection to anything. To feel anything. But the contact with this boy has finally pulled me from that torture.

I don't want to go back to my closeted nature, I want to feel like everyone else. I needed more, this touch was a drug that was so addictive, this alone was an overdose but I can't get enough. I let all the tears that I kept in for so long and let it be soaked into the warm fabric protecting me from all the evil the world has already shown me before.

The rain pouring harder than it was before, the sound calming despite the fierce downpour. Even though the ice-like raindrops combined with the hard winds surrounding both of us, the warmth was more evident.

Of course, all good things must come to an end. The brunet pulled away but thankfully he put the hand that was caressing my head, in an oh-so comforting way, onto the other side of my waist so both of his hands were resting there. If it weren't for those hands I would be on the ground.

His chin that was once on top of my head pulled away. His deep eyes connected with mine for a split second before I broke it looking at my shoes. The brunet took one of his hands and with his index finger lifted my chin gently to reconnect our gaze. I would be lying if I wanted to break away from his addicting eyes, but I couldn't help but look away in embarrassment.

I took this chance to look at his dark brown eyes that were so clear you could see the reflection of yourself in them. While I was admiring his eyes, my eyes were traveling all over his face being able to admire the rest of his features. His nose, his full eyebrows, his porcelain and flawless skin, his lips that were a natural pink color like strawberries.

"Are you ok?" A soothing voice asked me, it snapped me out of my trance. I couldn't say anything, another tear slowly sliding down my face, and another, and another, suddenly I wasn't able to control my emotions. Why now!

The hand that was on my chin was then lifted once again, using the pad of his thumb softly wiping away each tear, still not breaking eye contact. I winced because the same thumb, while wiping another tear, briefly touched a cut causing a stinging sensation on my right cheek. He stopped for a second and put his hand back on my waist. The tears came to a stop and nodded at the question, which was an obvious lie.

Beomgyu looked at me with worried eyes but not questioning my silent signal. The umbrella dropped in between all of this but we didn't notice but we were soaking wet. My blonde hair covering my eyes and the water drops streaming against my face mixing with my salty tears. Beomgyu's hair also flattened from the water but somehow still looked fabulous.