≙24≙

Please comment and vote!!

------------------------------

Soobin's POV

I gasped and sat up, removing my head from Yeonjun's shoulder at the sudden confession. I did not anticipate this at all, especially since I liked him too. I was always so scared about what Yeonjun would think if I confessed or if he even liked me back. Still not completely sure if I heard correctly I asked,

"Wait. What did you say?" I looked straight at Yeonjun expecting for me to have misheard. I couldn't tell what Yeonjun was thinking, his face blank like the dark room. It could partially be because it was hard to see since there was a power outage, but I could see just enough thanks to the dim candles that were placed all around.

"I, u-umm. Nevermind,"

"No, tell me!" I was desperate to know if I was going crazy. Yeonjun took a big breath before spitting out with tightly shut eyes.

"Ilikeyou" It sounded more like a question than a statement, but at least I know that I wasn't imagining things. He opened his eyes and looked back at me. "Do you, uh, l-like me?" It sounded very unsure and of course, I liked him, but I never thought that he would ever actually like me back.

I didn't know what to say, should I tell him that I feel the same? Should I lie? Wait, why should I lie? I burst out laughing. Maybe I am going crazy. Yeonjun was looking at me with questioning eyes while I was slapping him without realizing it.

"I like you too!" I said in between laughs not able to breathe. The cotton-candy-pink-haired froze, not blinking.

"Huh? What?" I was still busy laughing and too bothered to answer him. "Am I hearing things right? Do I need to get hearing aids?" He was flinching each time I hit him.

"No!" I said, "I like you too!" I screamed back, slapping him once more, finally being able to contain my giggles a little.

"Ow! Stop hitting me!" He said while rubbing his arm where most of the blows landed. "But seriously, are you for real? Do you actually like me?" I nodded in return, giving him a shy smile.

"So what happens now? I mean we both like each other," I asked.

"Well, Choi Soobin? Will you be my boyfriend?" Yeonjun looked up to me with his fox-like eyes. I could never resist them.

"Of course I will!" I said with no hesitation, I pounced on him to give the most smothering hug. He groaned as he fell back onto the couch hugging back, rubbing it once or twice. We were both giggling during the hug. In a way, I was grateful that there was a power outage.

All of a sudden, there was another loud thunder strike startling the both of us. We screamed together pulling us out of the constant loop of giggles. After the resonating sound came to a stop, we looked to each other only to burst out laughing once again, clutching our stomachs.

The different scented candles wafted all around the room. When the fragrances were combined together it didn't create a weird smell. In fact, it just added to the soothing feeling. The dark sky outside and the sound of rain hitting the cool glass all combined created the perfect narcotic aura.

The power didn't come back for a while but it wasn't a bother to us. The rain died down a little but the soothing sound was still present. We blew out almost all of the candles except for one, just in case.

For the rest of the night, we laid on the couch sharing the blanket between us. We were huddled together making the most of the warmth. We have slept together in the past but this time it was different. This time we were together, as a couple. And it was the best feeling I have had my whole life.