≪22≫

Please comment!

- Suicide references and abuse -

------------------------------

No One's POV

The sun hovered above the last cloud in the sky. Mi-gyeon fidgeted with the frills on her dress as she sat down on a newly painted bench to wait for her date. Was this a date? There's no way this was happening. Kids had stared at her all day at school.

She went from no one knowing her to being equivalent to class president status in a mere 10 minutes. Meanwhile, there was Taehyung, whistling Christmas carols in the middle of June like it was the happiest day of his life.

Five minutes passed by. Mi-gyeon unconsciously bit at her bottom lip, not caring if the too-dark lipstick started to flake off. Where in the world was he? Fifteen more minutes went down the gutter. Maybe he missed the train? Forgot to text her when he canceled plans?

"Better yet," she sarcastically laughed to herself, "he probably forgot." As the time ticked by, she had more time to loathe the entire boy's existence. She didn't even know if Taehyung had a brother or sister yet, but Mi-gyeon was currently hell-bent on the fact that they probably sucked too.

After quite literally counting to 100 in her head, she sighed. Of course he wasn't going to show up. Mi-gyeon felt like crying for being so stupid. How did she think this was ever going to happen? And since when did she start caring?

She thought back to how much effort she put into getting ready, and all of her expectations for how the evening was going to go. Dusting her bag and stockings, she moved a piece of newly curled hair in front of her face so as to not catch anyone's attention in case she started crying.

"Mi-gyeon."

There he was. The one and only. Taehyung came jogging up to her. Running a hand through his styled hair and brushing off his designer clothes, he profusely apologized for being late because of the taxi. He had sighed in relief when he saw Mi-gyeon still waiting. Taehyung smiled lightly. She looked as beautiful as ever.

The corners of her lips perked up. Maybe he wasn't so bad after all. She started to get up, hand on her bag when the older boy chuckled and grabbed her shoulder. "No, no. It wouldn't be fair for me to tell you to walk for so long after I was already late. Plus, this is exactly where I want to be."

He plopped down effortlessly next to her. Her face had a question written all over it. Taehyung glanced at it and tapped her nose.

"Right next to you." Taehyung said, referring to his previous statement.

Mi-gyeon blushed. She had so many questions on the tip of her tongue. How did he know she even existed? Since when did he like her? Most importantly, why? However, as soon as Taehyung grabbed her hand and laced them with his long fingers, stringing even two words together seemed hard for her.

Taehyung didn't mind her quietness. Mi-gyeon didn't know where the time had passed, but they were still laughing at the boy's stories well past their bedtimes. The moon peeked out from behind the sky's curtains, allowing the stars that extended across galaxies their own time to shine. It was such a common sight, but in a moment like this, it felt breathtaking. And memorable.

Even the silence between them wasn't filled with tension. They were comfortable around each other's presence. The how, when, or why didn't matter anymore. They didn't need definitions. They found something perfect and were willing to lose every last possession if it meant keeping it.