☀︎15☀︎

No One's POV

Beomgyu woke up to another set of eyes meeting his. Both of their eyes sparkled from the sun's natural shine. The sight of each other was so captivating that even after staring at each other's eyes for minutes they were still not sick of the view. Taehyun had woken up a while ago but decided to just lay in the warm presence of the older while enjoying the older's visuals.

Beomgyu's grip never faltered around the younger since last night, instead, he pulled him closer trying to see the eyes even closer if that was possible.

A sudden tear was what snapped Beomgyu out of his trance. A tear was gracefully sliding out of Taehyun's eyes and he couldn't help but feel worried for the younger.

"Hey, what happened?" Beomgyu urged with a quiet voice. Beomgyu wanted to remove any traces of pain just like last time, so he wiped away the tears from existence.

Taehyun's eyes were even more glossy than before and the glint in them glimmered even more. The younger sniffled a little and let out a shaky breath before saying,

"No, it's nothing," Taehyun said, trying not to worry the older, which was clearly not working. Beomgyu tilted his head while furrowing his eyebrows, giving a questioning look.

"Well, that's obviously not true, just tell me." Beomgyu frowned, he was a little hurt from Taehyun trying to block him off again. He was just starting to see the softer side of Taehyun but then he started closing off just like before.

"It's just that........ I've never been treated like this before. It feels new to me and I don't know if I'm doing something right or wrong." Taehyun stated all while averting his gaze from Beomgyu's.

Taehyun sniffled again and started wiping his tears with his arms using the long-sleeved shirt, he paused for a second before continuing.

"I don't deserve it, your care and comfort." Beomgyu felt a ping of relief because now he knows the reason behind Taehyun closing off again isn't because of him, but then felt bad again for Taehyun feeling that way.

"Of course you deserve it, and you deserve so much more, don't think like that, okay? I'll always be here, you can trust me." Beomgyu took Taehyun's hands in his and started caressing Taehyun's knuckles in a calming manner. Taehyun flinched at first but then was lost back into his thoughts.

'You can trust me', these 13 letters were sticking in Taehyun's mind, and the 4 words were what Taehyun was the most scared of hearing. Taehyun was tired of hearing the same words over and over again. From his parents, past teachers, and friends that all vanished some way or the other.

"But I don't want to lose someone again" Taehyun thought aloud in a whisper. Beomgyu must have heard it because he soon got into a sitting position, he picked up Taehyun and set him onto his lap.

Beomgyu's cheek was placed onto the blonde's silky hair and his arms were latched together like a seatbelt around Taehyun. Taehyun's back was leaning against the older's chest, their breathing matching with each other. They sat there rocking side to side with their eyes closed.

"You'll never lose me, I will be by your side always. I promise." Beomgyu tried talking in a soothing voice, and it probably worked because Taehyun looked like he was about to fall asleep again.

Beomgyu looked at the younger lying down and he could see another tear forming in the corner of his eye. Before it could fall, Beomgyu quickly wiped it out of existence and tucked a loose strand of hair behind Taehyun's ear. Taehyun was about to drift off into sleep but Beomgyu started shaking the blonde slightly to wake him up.

Luckily, they didn't have school today because it was the weekend but they still needed to eat. Beomgyu chuckled slightly at the still sleeping boy but he thought that it would be better for the blonde to eat now.