✾32✾

No One's POV

Hueningkai stumbled back, sputtering in surprise. Taehyung yelped, cursing the younger for being so loud in the first place.

"What's going on?" Taehyun asked, letting curiosity get the best of him, and shut the door behind him.

Hueningkai threw a glance at Taehyung who was currently massaging the edges of his forehead. The oldest sighed.

"It's fine. It's better this way anyways. And plus, he deserves to know." Taehyun leaned against the wall. He didn't feel very tired all of a sudden, his interest getting piqued.

Taehyung sighed. "I lied." He looked down at his bare feet, wiggling his toes as he talked. "I lied to Beomgyu. I did see who had kidnapped you. I saw more than just his hooded form, I actually saw his face His name's Dae-jung-"

Taehyun just looked at the other two, eyebrows clashing together in confusion.

He searched all his memories, letting his brain go back to every memory and replaying, trying to figure out where the new came from. But there was nothing that he could come up with.

Hueningkai noticed the confused blank face. If ever, Beomgyu had already told Taehyun, there was a high chance that the brunet didn't give all the insignificant details, for example, his name.

"Did Beomgyu ever tell you what happened a year ago?" Taehyun took a pause, looking in his mental archive pulling everything out. Taehyun finally nodded cautiously, not sure if he was on the right track. "The one where Beomgyu had to go through..., you know?" Hueningkia tried to clarify.

Memories came flooding back. The night Beomgyu wouldn't make eye contact as he entrusted him with his deepest secret. Of the note sticking out of Beomgyu's locker ever so slightly, the one Taehyun had stolen and started this whole ordeal.

Lastly, Beomgyu, sweet Beomgyu, as he quietly opened the door to his room just a few hours ago to check if he was alright. The room spun, and Taehyun had to grasp the door handle to stand upright.

"No," he whispered. Everything made sense now. Taehyung sighed. He shouldn't have been surprised that Taehyun had known already, not with how close the two already are.

Hueningkai nodded. "Yes, that was him. And he's back. And this time, he's out for you." Taehyun's eyes snapped to meet Taehyung's. Instead of fear, they were filled with something else. Determination.

"But shouldn't we tell-"

"No!" The other two both screamed at the same time. Making it very clear to Taehyun that it wasn't part of the plant.

"We can't, okay? we keep this from Beomgyu no matter what." Taehyung explained with a firm voice.

"Okay, so no Beomgyu." Taehyun nodded, still a little hesitant. The other two boys sighed in relief, having now made it clear that none of them would expose the perpetrator's identity to Taehyung's brother.

Hueningkai turned to Taehyung. "My foot's falling asleep. Hyung, why did you need us here?" Taehyung stared straight at the wall behind both of them, not making eye contact. He gestured for the both of them to come closer.

"I have a plan."

"Yeah, I already realized that. Why else would you have called me in the middle of the night?" Hueningkai's voice sprinkled with sass, still not over the older waking him up when he could still be sleeping peacefully. But of course, If there was any chance of having revenge on this asshole of a person, he wanted in.

"We need to take advantage of the fact that he's after Taehyun." His long-term goal, having Beomgyu to himself no matter what, had a few blind spots here and there. "In his last letter that Hueningkai picked up, he said he was going to be back." Taehyung jabbed a finger at Taehyun. "I need you to come with me after lunch. We're going to the rooftop."