【26】

No One's POV

"Taehyun, can we talk?" Beomgyu said in a soft whisper. He didn't want to scare off the younger, so he held onto the other tightly to prevent him from moving. He thought he already resolved everything the previous day, but something was obviously still off.

"Hyung, can you wait? I'm really cold and I want to take a shower." It was obvious that Taehyun was just trying to avoid the conversation they so desperately needed. The older didn't want to pressure the younger, but the brunet could tell that he was freezing from the shivers the other was trying hard to suppress.

"Okay, fine. You can go take a shower, but we have to talk. Promise me." Beomgyu stuck out his pinky finger from behind the blonde. He needed some type of signal to reassure him that things would get resolved.

Taehyun looked at it but he couldn't do anything. He almost dared himself not to accept it but his cold body was practically screaming at him to take a warm shower. There were always some ups and downs about being able to feel, after feeling warm for so long, the cold feels worse than before. So after a few more hesitant seconds he finally put his finger up and accepted the older's gesture.

Beomgyu waited in his room while the younger took off with an expressionless face. There were multiple bathrooms in the house, as you could imagine, so he decided that he wouldn't waste any more time and take a shower as well. He was feeling just as cold as Taehyun was, but his priority was very apparent to him.

Just as he was getting ready to head down the stairs, a tuft of dirty blonde hair caught Beomgyu's eye. With each step, his face was revealed more and more and a smear of red was across his cheek. Beomgyu ran over, knowing his brother's weekly routine.

"What happened this time?" Beomgyu asked as he lightly touched the bleeding scab. Taehyung hissed before revealing what had happened.

"Dad," Taehyung replied bluntly. The older one was clearly annoyed for whatever reason Dad came up with to hit someone.

"What did you do?" Beomgyu asked calmly. The younger took the dry part of his sleeve and carefully wiped away the crimson liquid. The brunet was used to dealing with these types of situations. In times like these, it was best to ask short questions and then just leave him be. It's always been like that since Mi-gyeon left.

"Nothing much. I was just reminding him how bad of a father he is. I guess he doesn't realize that the truth hurts, but it probably didn't hurt as much as when he hit me." Beomgyu knew that it wasn't the whole truth. There was something that Taehyung was hiding, it probably had something to do with Mi-gyeon again.

Taehyung had told Beomgyu about Mi-gyeon, but it wasn't the whole story. Taehyung had limited the details, telling Beomgyu that their dad had just sent her abroad and made sure they could never contact each other. But the real truth was much worse, but the older wasn't ready to say it. Like he said before, the truth hurts.

"By the way, where is Taehyun?" Taehyung mentioned as he wiped away the still bleeding cut.

"Oh, well, we kind of fought. So I'm waiting for him to finish showering so that we can talk. I was just on my way to shower too." Beomgyu replied, looking down. He didn't want to show how upset he truly was.

"Why? Did he do something?" Taehyung kept asking when he heard the distress in his younger brother's voice. He was always reminded of himself when he saw Beomgyu looking at Taehyun. Taehyung didn't want Beomgyu to go through what he did, so he had to make sure that nothing would ever happen to them, including Taehyun.

"No, not really... To be honest, I don't really know what's going on." Beomgyu continued, "We talked yesterday, and I thought everything was sorted out, but I guess not."