❂8❂

- Mentions of blood -

Beomgyu's POV

I was trying to get comfortable on the couch but it's just not the same as my bed. I'm happy that Taehyun was finally comfortable on the bed instead of the creaky one at the orphanage, but I kind of wish that I would be laying there with him and embracing him.

I know that he stays at the orphanage after talking with my dad yesterday, he helps with the orphanage there and sometimes goes to visit. He hasn't gone in a while since he is busy but he heard about a new boy joining.

I want to make him feel safe in my arms, I have absolutely no reason to but something is just drawing me near him like magnets. I finally found a sort of comfortable spot to try and sleep, but the sleep was just not evident.

The scene in the rain was just replaying in my head non-stop, and I didn't want it to stop. Taehyun just looked so ethereal under the rain. His skin was perfect, like usual, even with the cuts and bruises.

He looked pale but the pinkish-purple lighting somehow made it work. When I went to comfort him, his hair felt so soft under my hands despite it being wet from the rain. I didn't want to let go but I could feel that I was mostly supporting the weight in my arms signing me that he was tired.

I pulled away but I could feel the hands on my shirt gripping harder not wanting to let go. I looked at Taehyun and I could see his glossy eyes letting out small crystal-like tears.

My heart ached just looking at him, I wanted him to feel comforted with me. I wanted to erase the traces of the tears, so that's what I did.

I traced my thumb against the tear streaks until it reached the droplet and let it spread onto my finger instead. I wanted to absorb all the distress from the vulnerable boy. I traced one more tear when I heard a wince and realized I touched a scratch.

I stopped immediately not wanting to hurt the smaller boy any further. He doesn't deserve this, he deserves to be happy. Every time I look at him I feel my heart clench but also thump harder, I felt so many different emotions at the same time, it was making me crazy. What is this boy doing to me?

------------------------------

BOOM

A flash of lightning followed by thunder woke me up from my previous thoughts. I heard some shuffling from behind me on the bed. I thought it was nothing but then I heard whimpers.

I began to worry not knowing what to do so I slowly got up from the couch and my neck was already feeling sore from the not-so-comfortable position. I tried not to make any sounds because Taehyun could just be having a bad dream.

Slowly tip-toeing to the bed I saw Taehyun scratching his ears manically that blood was about to spill, his eyes were tightly shut with tears in the corners of his eyes. The frail boy was whispering something

"Stop, don't do it, please, I'll be better, just please stop!", I couldn't help it anymore. My instincts dawned over my pinning him down with his wrists in each of my hands, face inches apart.

"Hey, hey, hey, Taehyun, it's just a dream, it's ok I'm here, don't worry I won't do anything.", I tried calming him down concern washing over me.

His eyes shot open. His breathing staggered trying to find the right pace, sweat beads forming over his forehead, tears swelling in the corner of his eyes. I slowly let go of his wrists seeing if he would start scratching his ears again, his ears were already really red.

After a few seconds, the rest of his face caught up with his ears gradually turning into a pinkish-red. I realized the position we were in and the blush spread like an infectious disease to me. I tried hiding my embarrassment and sat on the side of the bed looking away for a second to then reconnect my gaze back onto the blonde.