⥪11⥬

- Mentions of blood -

No One's POV

They needed supplies. Immediately.

Only as Taehyung's grip weakened did Beomgyu realize he was losing precious time. "Taehyung. TAEHYUNG!" He knew watching Dad throw glass after glass at Taehyung's back would haunt him in his dreams, but his elder brother dying would haunt him in his wake too.

His dad has never done anything this severe before. He has thrown things at walls and hit them but never throws something at them. He pulled away from Taehyung's hug, holding onto him in case his knees started to buckle. Clearing the rubble away with one foot, he laid Taehyung down on the cold floor.

Taehyung started coughing. Beomgyu started to panic, he needed help as soon as possible. Without thinking, he sprinted out the door, leaving Taehyung behind in an artwork of glass. There was no way he was going to say goodbye. Taehyung wasn't going anywhere. Beomgyu wouldn't let him.

As for Beomgyu, his legs carried him to the first person that came to mind.

------------------------------

Taehyun woke with a start. He could've sworn there was someone knocking at the door. He laid in bed, trying to hear for the sound again when the unmistakable tap of wood reached his ears. Crawling out of the shared room and climbing all the stairs that didn't squeak as quietly as possible, the knock came again; it screamed urgency.

Taehyun should've been more careful, after all, it could've been someone looking for trouble, but he couldn't help his curiosity knowing that there hasn't ever been a knock this late at night. He wasn't surprised that Ms. Kim wasn't awake. Satisfied with her day of making lives miserable, she was always a deep sleeper.

Twisting the lock slowly, Taehyun's eyes widened in surprise as the door flung open. His heart sped up as he recognized the light raven hair and beautiful, brown eyes. But something seemed wrong about them.

At first glance, someone would only see a handsome boy in nice clothes and styled messy hair. But at a closer look, you could see the flecks of red on the shirt, the sweat stringing to the hair, and the panic in his eyes.

Before Taehyun could ask a question of concern, Beomgyu's hands wrapped around his waist and pulled him in. Taehyun was shocked, to say the least, his hands were still not holding onto the not-so-much taller boy.

Taehyun could feel his shirt start to get heavier by the tears soaking into his clothing. It wasn't that Taehyun didn't mind the wet clothing, he didn't like seeing Beomgyu like this way. Beomgyu has already done so much for the latter and now Taehyun wants to return the favor despite not wanting to do anything with him.

Taehyun didn't know how to feel usually, but when Beomgyu is by his side all of the emotions rush to get out all at the same time.

They stayed there, in the doorway, the eerie dark surrounding them, but the comforting hug was overpowering everything else. Taehyun inhaled, the usually, captivating scent but this time it had a mix of a metallic smell Taehyun knew all too well.

Beomgyu's tears have slowly come to a stop but the glossy eyes stayed. Somewhere in the middle of their thoughts, Taehyun hugged the elder and started rubbing the other's back in a circle motion, a calming tactic Taehyun learned from Beomgyu himself.

The wind blew through the door causing both to shudder and for Beomgyu to lift his head out from Taehyun's pajamas, which were just a plain black sweatshirt and sweatpants, they were both a little big for him making him look even smaller.

There was a small wet patch from where Beomgyu was laying his head, Beomgyu flashed a faint smile finding it funny to himself. He soon remembered the reason why he was there, Beomgyu fully pulled away from the other's embrace and took a step back so now that he was standing outside the door while Taehyun was still inside. Taehyun was very confused about what was happening.