Thirty-six

Casey

I groan as I try to ignore the noise being created by my sister and friends. They really didn't care if it was after midnight. I hold my pillow over my ears as the noise only seems to grow. After a few minutes and the noise level doesn't go down, I force myself from my bed. I exit my room and head into the living room. I stop in my tracks as my eyes take in the appearance of the nearly nude blonde standing on the coffee table.

I raise my brows, taking in the situation. Duke was visibly annoyed at the sight, so he stood further away with his eyes covered. I quickly turn on my heel and head to my room before anyone notices my presence. I close the door quietly behind me.

Knowing sleep wasn't an option, I pull my phone off the charger. I stare at the last number on my call list and smile. Testing the waters, I press the familiar name in hopes that she would answer.

My smile grows as my wish is granted. "Hey" Kathryn's voice instantly causes my mood to lighten. "Hey, were you about to sleep?" I question as I sit on my bed. My fingers immediately play with the stings on my shorts. 

"No. I was actually kind of anticipating if I should call you or not. But it seems like it didn't matter much since you called instead."

I bite my lip to stop myself from smiling even wider than I already was. Why was I so happy just to talk to her? My cheeks hurt. "I miss you" is the first thing that can come to mind. I scoff at myself feeling clingy. It hadn't even been a week and I was missing her presence. Kathryn doesn't speak for a few seconds causing me to frown.

I was definitely being clingy. Maybe she was already annoyed with me. "Sorry, my family seems to only bother me when I'm on the phone. I miss you too Casey. It's terrible here, come over" the brunette laughs.

I wish. If I had come in my own car maybe I would leave to go see her. Which reminded me, I didn't even know what state she was in, let alone how far of a drive that would be. I frown. I couldn't exactly stop thinking about Kathryn since Friday. I never expected her to be so- "What are you guys doing over there?"

"I'm in my room. Everyone else is in the living room being weird," I answer remembering the sight of a half-nude Diana on the table. I shake my head in disappointment. "What about you? I mean other than being extremely beautiful."

I hear Kathryn chuckle lightly, "I actually look like shit. I'm not really doing much just giving you all my attention." 

"Bullshit Kat! You can never look like shit. I don't believe it, not one bit."

"Yeah, I'll show you and you'll realize how totally incorrect you are." I laugh at her response and wait patiently for the message. As I pull the phone from my ear, I hear a knock on my door causing me to groan. The door opens, without my permission, furthering my irritation. In comes Edwin in only boxers. 

"Someone call for a lap dance" he laughs. I spot Cassandra behind him holding up her phone. I groan in response. "Edwin, don't you dare come near me. I'm allergic to half-naked dudes."

The boy only laughs as he approaches me. He thrusts his junk near me causing me to groan and make gagging noises. He turns around and twerks before jumping onto my bed and throwing his smelly ass in my face. I push him away in annoyance. "You guys are disgusting!" I whine.

My room is filled with laughter from my sister and best friend. Eventually, the couple leaves, and I rush behind them to close and lock the door. I let out a breath and remember I was still on a call. I pick up my phone, seeing I had a message from the beauty on the other line. Immediately I click on it.