Fifty-one

Casey

There were so many people in our circle who knew about our relationship now. And I couldn't tell if I was happy about it or anxious. I enter the school building feeling eyes on me. Nervously I make my way to my friends. Why did I feel like I was center of attention? Like someone betrayed the trust Kathryn and I put in them and started a rumor?

My heartbeat increased. What if one of these students saw Kathryn and I outside of school and rumors spread? I shake my head, there was no way. Kathryn and I made sure to travel outside of the city when we wanted to spend time together. Suddenly Rai Rossen entered my head. What if he was back and he told someone? 

"Casey!" 

My head quickly snapped in the direction of my name. Fear struck me before I realize that it was Edwin. Someone I could trust. Right? The boy threw his arm over my shoulder with a smile. "Hey, I have a question."

Pushing away my worries I let out a breath, "Shoot." The boy smiles, "Well you and I haven't had a one-on-one in a while. I was wondering if you could stop clinging to your girlfriend for a day and spend some time with your trusty ol' best friend, what do you say?"

I nod my head, feeling as though some time away from Kathryn was a good idea. "Alright. Clear your Saturday, no rainchecks. If you stand me up, I'm breaking up with you and Duke will be my new best friend."

I laugh and nod my head again, "Shut up idiot, you can't get rid of me that quick." We met up with our friends.... and Desire. Was Duke still dating her? I would much rather he found a better girlfriend. It was weird having her around especially when I was dating a teacher. I couldn't talk about Kathryn around her, otherwise, rumors would spread like wildfire. And then I'd probably have to kick her ass.

Desire eyed me before smirking and looking away. My brows knit together in confusion. "You guys think it's possible for so many people to find you attractive?" Duke questioned as we made our way to the cafeteria for breakfast. "Yeah. I mean it's weird but everyone has a taste or preference and sometimes people tend to like the same person. We just don't know about it because some people don't say anything," Jasmine answers.

"Take me for example" I joke pushing my chest out and holding my chin high. "I know roughly about 15 people. And a majority of them have liked me."

"Diana, Alice, Juliet, Duke, Jasmine, Kathryn..." Edwin rambled. "And let's see how many people you talk to. Me, those 6, Emily, Sophia, Cane... Casey, you have no friends. Your life is sad."

I flick the boy off before hearing Desire speak up. "I mean, but can you blame those people for finding her attractive? Casey is everything anyone would want in a girl. Smart, beautiful, an asshole when she wants to be" the girl bit on her lip.

The four of us glanced at her uneasily. Duke moved from his girlfriend and rubbed the back of his head. "Duke you must suck with women. Every woman you have been with ends up finding me attractive" I joke.

The blonde rolls his eyes, "Casey, like Desire has said, everyone just finds you attractive. I can't exactly be mad at them for having good taste. Shit, even I had a crush on you." I smirk again, feeling as if I accomplished something. Edwin chuckles, "I feel like my own person. I've never had a crush on Casey. I feel proud."

Jasmine slaps the boy's arm, "Because you had your eyes on Cass the whole time. Who by the way just looks like an older version of Casey."

Edwin gags at the comparison of me and my sister. I raise my eyes from the floor spotting Naomi and Kathryn exiting the office together and Emily following shortly after. "I swear Kathryn if you cheat on me with Naomi I'm going to kill you!"