Fifty-five

Casey

Sunday Morning came quick. To say I was scared, was an understatement. I was practically shitting myself at the thought of going to church. It has been 3 years since I'd last visited, things were different now. For one, I was out and proud, which meant 9 times out of 10, they know I'm a lesbian. And arriving with Kathryn... what if they say something about us?

I let out a breath as I struggle to tie my tie. At least I get to dress up the way I wanted to. I think my mom would love that we dressed up instead of going with the casual option. I remembered vividly how much she made us wear our Sunday best to church. She always had to show off to the community. 

I let out another breath as I start over with my tie. Why was it so hard to understand? Kathryn enters the restroom behind me and my eyes leave the black tie and land on my gorgeous girlfriend. She was dressed in a red and black dress that matched my outfit. I turn to the side, loving how the dress accentuated her curves. God, she was undoubtedly beautiful. And I get to show her off.

Kathryn grabs the curling iron and finishes her work. My eyes remain on her, though I should've been fixing my tie and doing my own hair. But I was too enthralled with her appearance to move. Brown eyes land on me and red painted lips curl upwards into a smile. "What are you doing?" she questions glancing over my figure.

I smirk, "Wondering if we should do something about the throbbing between my legs."

The woman's smile grows, exposing her perfect smile. Gosh, she is beautiful. I swallow the lump in my throat as she takes a step closer to me. Her hands move to my tie. "If we're late, your mother would probably have our head on a platter."

I was as per usual, too busy admiring her features that I hadn't noticed my tied tie. "Just 5 minutes" I mutter, placing my hand on the small of her back. She gives me a side glance before smiling, "Finish getting ready baby. You can have me all to yourself tonight."

I groan but obey her demands. I glance at my wild hair in the mirror. We didn't have enough time for me to straighten my hair. I groan and eye Kathryn once more. With her hair curled, she looked magnificent. I turn back to the mirror. "Do you need help with this mop on top of your head?" Kathryn jokes, running her fingers into my curls. I roll my eyes at her insult and nod my head, "Yes please."

The woman laughs. She walks to the toilet and sits on the lid. She pats the spot in between her legs. I groan and do as told, taking a seat in between her legs. "I love your hair" she practically squeals. I cringe, hoping her idea of help wasn't going to have me looking like some dog chewed on my hair.

Kathryn grabs a comb and gel from my racket on the counter. She begins by first parting my hair. I close my eyes and hope to the Gods that she knows what she's doing.

20 minutes later, Kathryn pats my shoulder, telling me she was finished. I inhale and stand up. I look at her first and she smiles, "You look beautiful" she compliments, pushing me to the mirror. I quickly shut my eyes, slightly scared of the outcome. The woman laughs as she slaps my arm, "Open your eyes. You look beautiful."

I do as she says, still holding in my breath. My eyes widen as I take in my appearance. Cornrow into an afro puff. I exhale slowly, "Where'd you learn how to braid?" I question as I touch my hair, extremely surprised with the outcome. 

Kathryn smiles, "In college, I had a friend with a lot of hair and she hated doing it by herself so she taught me. And you had such little faith in me, baby."

I nod my head in agreement with her last statement. "Thank you. Seriously I look good." The woman smiles knowingly. She grabs her phone and glances at the time, "Shit we need to go."