Sixty-three

(Not on the same timeline atm)

Kathryn

"How would Principal Espinoza react to the image of seeing Casey Kings and Kathryn Howard kissing in the hallway when they should be in the gymnasium for the pep rally?"

My heart drops and my eyes glance up from my laptop to the man standing at the back of my classroom with that terrifying smirk. I blink a few times in disbelief, there was no way he was in here.

I try to make a run for the door but I'm stopped by the man's booming voice. "I wouldn't do that if I were you, Kathryn. I have proof this time around, I'm not afraid to use it." I close my eyes and inhale before turning away from my door and towards my desk. I sigh, feeling my skin crawl in fear. "What do you want from me, Rai?"

The man smirks and begins making his way towards me. I clutch onto the edge of my desk the closer he gets. When he stops right in front of me, I can't help but keep my eyes down and away from his menacing gaze.

He uses his index finger to press against my chin, forcing my eyes to meet his dark ones. "Why, I want you of course. What else would I be here for... Kathryn."

I swallow the lump in my throat and turn my head away from him, giving myself whiplash in the process. I thought I was free from this man's threats. I thought once I left him in Utah, I would no longer see his face. I would no longer feel this fear. 

"Or should I call you Ryn? That's what your... girlfriend calls you nowadays."

My eyes widen as I quickly glance at him. He's been stalking us? How long has it been since he's been back? How long has he been watching us? What kind of evidence did he have?

The man chuckles and runs his hand through his black hair. He leans into me, his nose pressing against the side of my head, he inhales my scent and I'm forced to roll my eyes in disgust. "Gosh, Kathryn. You smell so good, you look so good. I have missed you so much."

I place my hands on his chest pushing him away. "You're violating the restriction order. I can call the cops and have you arrested" I hiss.

Rai places his finger up, "Ah, ah, ah. You wouldn't be stupid enough to take that risk. They can arrest me, but I still have evidence that Kathryn Howard, the sweet innocent history teacher is fucking a student. A teenager. They'll take my evidence over whatever you say. But don't you have a girlfriend as well? I'm sure if you do anything reckless, I should pay her a visit."

His threats caused me to bite on my tongue and shut up. I was backed into a corner and all around me was Rai, threatening and harassing me. No one was going to be able to save me this time. Not even Casey.

"I want you for myself, Kathryn. You are so beautiful and all of it is going to waste on a petty 18-year-old. You are too pretty to be a lesbian."

I roll my eyes immediately. Typical straight man words. "I'm bisexual. Not a lesbian."

He smiles and grabs my face, "Whatever you want to call it babygirl. All I know is you have all this potential and it's being wasted on a girl. Someone who can't even give you a family. All she's good for is the thrill, if she wasn't a student here you wouldn't have even found her attractive."

I clench my jaw. "Are you just going to insult my girlfriend until you feel better about yourself? I am well aware that Casey and I are both women and biologically we can't produce any children. But we're in the goddamn 21st century and technology works wonders. I love Casey and no matter what you do, you will never be able to change the way I feel about her."