Prologue

31st October 1981

Phoenix Black was hiding in the cupboard peeking through the keyhole looking at the darkest wizard, the wizard most were too afraid off for even saying his name, entering the room. Even though she was only 3 years old she knew that he was a bad man that was there to do bad things. Sitting in the crib, her little godbrother and little sister. Phoenix saw her mom and aunt Lily begging to spare their children. Not that the dark lord cared. He murdered both of them in cold blood without even batting an eyelash. Only to then be defeated by 2 infants who both had gotten away with only a scar.

Little Phoenix stayed in the cupboard while Harry was crying and whaling loudly, not exactly knowing what just happened but frightened either way. Phoenix too was crying but she didn't dare to make a sound. Same thing with her little sister. Little Lynx Black was one of the most intelligent people you would ever meet, even at the age of 2 she understood things most kids much older didn't. She knew that her mother and auntie Lily wouldn't wake up again. She knew she and Harry shouldn't be 'awake' after the green light. She knew it was dangerous. She knew that things would get even more dangerous. She did what every kid would do when scared, she ran.

Lynx had always been very talented. She was a natural born Animagus. At 2 months old, Lynx transformed for the first time into her inner animal, a lynx. Ironic huh?

Lynx transformed into her Animagus form. She walked through the bars, out of the crib and padded towards the cupboard where her older sister was. Phoenix saw this and opened the door a little to let the kitten inside. Lynx transformed and took her necklace off. She held it to her older sister. It was a chain that when taken off was way too big for her, but there was a spell on so that when you put it on it would fit perfectly. On the necklace was a pendant with a lynx paw. Phoenix took it but laid her own necklace in her little sister her hand. It was also way too large for her but it had the same spell on it. Instead of a pendant it had a ring hanging on it.

The ring was in the shape of a phoenix with a little red ruby on the back. Both of the jewellery was bought when they were born and enchanted to be linked to each other. The 2 toddlers swapped their necklaces. Lynx held her little finger to her lips. Phoenix knew that it meant that she had to be quiet but she didn't know about what. Lynx turned into her Animagus form and left the closet. Once the little kitten reached the door, she turned around to look at her crying sister and little godbrother. Lynx did not know what she was doing but she was a scared little kid, and when little kids get scared, they run.

She got downstairs and saw her uncle Jamie in the same state she saw her mom and auntie Lily. He wouldn't wake up anymore. Lynx didn't understand a single thing. How did the evil scary looking wizard killed her mom, auntie Lily and uncle Jamie but wasn't able to do the same thing with her and Harry?

Lynx ran, she ran as far as her little paws would take her. She decided to stay in her Animagus form a little longer. She was getting tired. Lynx did not know where she was, nothing looked familiar. It was all fields; she saw forests far on the horizon but she couldn't be Godric's Hollow anymore. The day was there again, she had run at night. To say Lynx was tired would be an understatement.

It started to rain. The little kitten ran looking for shelter. There were barely any houses, it was a lot of open land. She saw a house, it seemed like the old paper wasn't picked up yet. Lynx climbed into the old cardboard box with a couple of old newspapers. The wet kitten was at least out of the wind and free from the rain. She did not know where she was but she was too tired to think anything.

Lynx fell a sleepless slumber not knowing that her father was getting arrested. Not knowing that her sister lived with her godfather. Not knowing she wouldn't see any of her family for years, even though she had a feeling for that. Not knowing that the boy who lived was created. Not knowing that everyone thought that Harry was the sole survivor off the killing curse, the whole wizarding world thinking she was dead. What was going to happen to her?