Chapter 29

"So, his whole mouth was green for 2 weeks?" Bill said while laughing loudly.

Danny was hitting his head on the table; he knew this was just the tip of the iceberg of all of the pranks his sister had pulled on him.

"I told him not to touch my cookies!" Lynx claimed. "It was merely payback!"

"I had a date during the green-mouth period. Tried to claim I ate a lot of salads." Danny exclaimed. "Spoiler alert, it didn't work." He pouted.

"You remind me of two of my brother's, Fred and George. They're pranksters too." Bill claimed.

Right at that moment, one of the eldest Weasley's other brothers came running to the table.

With wide eyes the younger Weasley looked at his brother "Bill! Can you hide me? Please? Don't have time to explain!" He looked over his shoulder. He whipped his head back around and lowered it between his shoulders, hoping not to be seen.

"Yeah, come on."

The fifth year sat next to Lynx and tried to hide his head by turning it and shielding it with his hand. Even though the position of the booth caused them to kind off hidden to the other people in the pub. Eventually he peeked through the crowed and sighed when the person he was hiding for wasn't there anymore.

Meanwhile the other three at the table were just watching him amused, well the two older teenagers were. Lynx didn't have a clue what was going on.

"Hey Charlie, what was that about?" his older brother asked. Danny was grinning along with his friend. In his few months at Hogwarts, he had gotten really close to the oldest Weasley sibling and with that came getting close with his siblings.

"I accidentally burned a girl's homework and I tried to apologize but she's out for blood, I swear." Charlie's eyes were still wide and he shook his head, still being a little frightened by the scary Ravenclaw.

"Who was it?" Danny asked.

"Dorothy Rathmore." The boy answered.

"Oof!" Both of the seventh years said.

"You don't mess with a Ravenclaw's homework Charles." Bill said.

"If you need a hiding place, come to us because you will sure need it for next couple of weeks." Danny added.

"You think?" the boy asked. He didn't want to watch his back the whole time but Dorothy was downright scary when she was angry. It wasn't like he spilled liquid dragon dung on her homework on purpose but she seemed to think otherwise.

The two young adults shared a look and nodded in sync at the younger boy who groaned.

Lynx just stared at him. She felt the small drake that was hidden in her sweater peek his head out.

"Whoa! Merlin! Is that a dragon?" Charlie all but shouted. He was a little obsessed with dragons, he wanted to be a dragonologist when he was older.

The creature was startled and his tail sparked, causing Lynx brown sweater to slightly catch on fire.

Her eyes widened but she kept her cool, something that couldn't be said about the men at the table.

Quickly she thought "Aqua eructo!". An icy blue light shone above the spot of fire and water fell out of it, extinguishing the fire immediately. She then pointed her finger at the wet spot and moved it in the same motion as spell would be done with a wand to dry it.

Usually with wandless magic you didn't need to uses your hands but Lynx was able to concentrate better on the spell that way.

In the mean time both Weasley siblings were looking with wide eyes at the 10-year-old girl. Danny's eyes flickered between them, secretly hoping they didn't actually see a little girl who wasn't even going to Hogwarts preform nonverbal and wandless magic.

Lynx looked back at the fifth year and said "It's a firedrake really. He doesn't breathe fire but emits sparks from his tail. Though firedrakes are commonly mistaken for dragons." The girl recited from what she had read in the book.

Both of them kept gaping at the girl with open mouths. She began to get a little uncomfortable and looked at her brother for help.

"Uh, it's complicated." Danny started. "Uhm, my aunt and uncle are home-schooling her and they started earlier. She practises a lot, that's why she's so good at it." he tried to explain.

Both Bill and Charlie saw through the lie but knew Danny well enough that he wouldn't lie about something little so they ignored what happened a few seconds earlier, though Bill was going to ask his friend about it in their dorm room later.

Luckily madam Rosmerta approached the table

"And what can I get the four of you?" she asked.

"We'll take three butter beer and ..." Bill trailed off looking at Lynx.

Again, she was clueless and looked at her brother for help.

"She'll have a fishy green ale." Danny stated with a mischievous grin.

"Are you sure?" The woman asked. The fishy green ale wasn't exactly for anyone but she knew what the boy was doing.

"Oh definitely!" He stated. He needed his payback for the thousands of pranks Lynx had pulled on him, also no way he was going to let her drink something that had the word beer in it or anything that even had the slightest thing to do with alcohol.