Chapter 09

Without thinking Lynx launched the arrow into the man's shoulder. The animagus girl turned around 180°, held her bow horizontally, took 2 arrows out of the quiver bound onto her back and shot both arrows at once into the stomach of the people behind her. While they were on the ground, still wondering what just happened and also because they weren't capable to get up.

Lynx began to run towards the place from where she heard the scream come from. It came from the aria where they had set their camp. She began running even harder. She did not look back to the people she had shot once. She tried not to hit any vital places. It was still hard for her to believe that she had even let go of her bow string. It was like some kind of instinct kicked in. She needed to survive. No time to think about that. Lynx focused her head onto running towards the scream she heard. A scream she had recognised as her family's. As her brother and grandfather's screams.

Lynx sprinted towards the sound. She should have looked out more because her shirt was stuck on a branch. But because of her speed Lynx didn't have the time to acknowledge it. Her brown shirt ripped, making her collarbone and therefore her lightning scar visible for anyone to see. Her necklace with the phoenix ring was swinging all around. During her sprint Lynx took it and wrapped it multiple times around her wrist. She was not losing that.

Once she saw the top of her tent she began to slow her pace and watched that she was out of sight. She kneeled forward behind a bush but she still had a good view about what was going on by the beige tent.

There were multiple people that were wearing the same clothing than the ones that she shot. She shot them, a cold shiver ran over her back when she thought back to it. Lynx shook her head. It was not the time to be thinking about that. She looked back to the tent. It was hard to see at first but she narrowed her eyes to get a better and oh how she wished she didn't.

Edmund's past had gotten caught up with him. It was almost decades ago but he should have known. Part of him did know, that's why he learned Daniel and Lynx how to survive. He had hoped they never would need to use that knowledge but it seemed that they were going to be sooner alone then he thought.

The brown-eyed boy struggled heavily against the person that was holding him back. He was trashing around and screaming towards his grandfather. Edmund Moore was very strong wizard, still is but age was wearing him of. He was laying on the ground. He had blood everywhere.

Dark wizards and witches would usually use one of the unforgivable curses, crucio. It would not show blood or the victim would not be as physical injured as Edmund was now. The black clothes wearing magical people were out for blood. They needed to see the injuries of the old man.

Lynx was shocked, but that was only for a short amount of time. Her grandfather thought her that in dangerous situations there was no place for emotions. 'Tiny boxes. Come on, shove it in tiny boxes.' Lynx thought to herself.

Her face became expressionless. It was like she was a robot, controlled. Which in a way she was. She was in complete control of herself. She was aware of everything that was surrounding her. It was like she had all of her Lynx senses but she was still in her human form.

She looked around. There were 2 people standing over her grandfather. Both had a knife into their hands. One was holding Danny back. He did not have any knives that she could see but he was very large and very strong. Obviously because Daniel normally was pretty strong but even fuelled with adrenaline trashing towards him he barely flinched. The person next to the one that was holding Danny had a wand in her hand and 2 knives held inside her black boot.

Lynx also saw 4 other people looking towards the blooded elderly male or they were looking around to make sure no one else was there. Lynx could was there and wasn't seen so clearly they were not doing a good job.

A plan was forming inside her head. An evil looking smirk came onto her face. If this was going to work, she was going to have fun. Okay, her grandfather and possibly her brother were in live danger but seriously ... she was going to kick some psychopathic arses and she was going to have fun while doing it. No one messes with her family.