Chapter 26

When the creature woke up, it looked around strangely. The thing it was lying on was very comfy but they didn't remember falling asleep. It was a nice dark red colour, it fit nicely with the rest of the interior of the whole place.

The small creature jumped up a little when a loud sound was heard. Like something falling.

A beautifully detailed door of large closet was open revealing a room with a lot of books. Not just in shelves but a lot of stacks on the floor were there to.

The creature was curious. Maybe the person from earlier would be there. It used its claws to climb down the bed. On the way to the closet the animal passed the logs they previously sat on. On the metal bar above the fire was still some meat on. The creature couldn't reach it. It'll ask the person later.

It crawled towards the door. For a human it was barely 2 large steps but it was pretty small animal so it took it a whole before it arrived at the door.

Inside the room a small girl was leaning against a wooden shelf. Books were everywhere around her, like she made a little fort. The creature saw open book laid weirdly next to her through a small gap between 2 stacks.

The creature went towards the open book and looked at it. It had a drawing of something that looked a lot like them. The only difference between them was the number of spots and where on the body they were.

Lynx stirred. She woke up and winced from the pain in her neck. She looked around at the stacks of books around her, behind her and even on top of her. Lynx didn't know what time it was. There weren't any windows in her library so she would have to get up and walk all the way to the door to then look out of her tent. No, that was way too much energy to use when she had just woken up, even if it was just a nap.

She squinted her eyes to look around while she rolled and popped her neck. Lynx knew it wasn't good but man, it felt so good. Initially, Lynx went to look to figure out who her new tent guest was but like every time she went to her library, she didn't just read the books she meant to read. Lynx had known learned almost everything about the volubilis potion. It would alter someone's voice or restore if it was affected by the silencing charm. Not that she would need it but it may seem like fun. But not just that, the Animagus also learned about the inventor and almost every recorded history usage about it.

The creature looked up from the image towards the girl.

Suddenly a loud noise was once again heard echoing around the room. The creature looked up from the image towards the source of a pretty disturbing sound.

Lynx chuckled awkwardly. "My stomach gets kinda noisy when I'm hungry." She looked at the magical lizard. "Come on, problem is made to be solved and in this case it's food!".

She looked around her whole surrounding of books. "I'll clean it up tomorrow." she muttered to herself, knowing fully well that she'll clean it up in the middle of the night when she would feel a strange desire to fix everything in the world.

On the way towards her food cabinet Lynx saw something large moving outside. At first, she thought it was a forest creature, except Lynx hadn't heard about a species of wolfs walking on their 2 back feet besides on a full moon.

Lynx transformed into her Animagus form and creeped towards the barrier keeping her eyes on the stranger. The feline sat in front of the border, staring at the person's back. She knew the stranger was a witch or wizard because one of the first the Moore girl did was using the muggle repelling charm whenever she decided she would stay in a new place.

Also, the stranger had a wand in their hand. Pretty much a dead giveaway of them being magical.

"Urgh by a magpie's black feathered arse! This is why she always won with hide and seek!" The stranger cursed.

Lynx' eyes widened. She would recognize those strange curses from anywhere! Immediately the Animagus ran towards her brother tackling him from behind.

Frightened turned Daniel Moore around only to be looking straight in the eyes of a wild animal, or so he thought. Already thinking about the fact that he should have eaten that extra sausage at breakfast, the animal started licking his face. Danny opened his eyes and laughed.

"Lynx?" he questioned, still laughing.

The Animagus stopped licking and sat right onto stomach. She nodded happily. The girl was very happy on her own but it was always nice to see her brother.

Danny smiled, picked up the animal and hugged her. Lynx turned back into her human form so she could hug him properly.

When they broke off Lynx turned around and walked back towards the tent. It took Danny a couple of seconds to realise he should follow. Lynx hadn't really been a person to say a lot but with her being alone so much she says even less.