Chapter 27

Once inside the tent Danny went to sit on his sister's bed while she went to her library, which puzzeled Danny a bit.

"Stribor?" Danny called. "Come sit with me. I want to see my baby sister!" Danny whined a bit. Even though he was 18 now he could still act like 8. It had been 2 weeks and he really missed his sister and had a lot to say to her.

"There is someone I would like you to meet!" Lynx yelled back from her closet. 

The Moore boy frowned. 'How could she meet someone in the middle of nowhere?' he thought.

"Who?" Danny asked. His face turned a shade lighter and his eyes went wide. "Please tell me it's not a boy?". His voice was an octave higher than usual.

"How did you know?" Lynx asked, not holding back a grin since he couldn't see her. She loved pranking her brother, but she wasn't lying. According to the book about drakes the one before her was male. 

"I know you understand english so I can ask you things and you actually know what I mean, which is really cool by the way. But can I pick you up?" She whispered towards the drake. Right after Lynx asked her question, she heard a pretty loud thud from the main room in her tent.

Lynx chuckled a bit knowing what it was but the black and orange creature jumped up from it. Immediately the girl started making reassuring noises, whispering that it was okay. 

The drake calmed down quickly and stared at the girl for a couple of seconds. Lynx knew that he was thinking about her question so she stayed quiet. Eventually he wobbled towards her outstretched hand. Lynx slowly went to stand again and while she thought the drake would stay on her hand, he thought otherwise.

He climbed on her arm. Firstly he used his claws which Lynx winced from pretty hard but once she knew what he was doing, she stretched her arm fully horizontal. 

The drake stepped towards her shoulder and went to sit there. He putted his tail around Lynx' neck, which she was a bit wary of but just made sure to be alert about it.

The girl stepped towards the main room and letted out a full laugh when she saw her brother passed out on her bed. She knew he'd flip about even thinking of her talking to someone of the male species that was around the same age as her, even though she was 10 years old and didn't really care about stuff like that. So his little sister saying that she wanted him to meet a boy was seemingly a little to much for him. 

Lynx went to sit on her knees next to brother. She knew that there was a spell to wake him up but the girl didn't know it from the top of her head and then she had to go look for the book in her library and she had to get up for and that was just way to much work. Besides, she woulnd't miss up for a chance to slap her brother in the face. Especially since Lynx had a justified reason. 

Danny sat up immedaitely, startled from the painfull sting coming from his cheek. 

"Was that really necessary?" He asked with an incredulous look on his face.

"Yes." His sister stated simply. "Remind me again, what was the house you were in again? The one of fainting sissy's?" It was pretty funny to rile him up like this.

Danny glared lightly at Lynx. He knew she was doing it on purpose but that didn't mean it was less annoying. 

"I am choosing to ignore that comment." He said before his eyes fell onto his sister's shoulder. Danny looked confused at the cast that was on the wing of the creature that was sitting on the shoulder of his sister.

Lynx followed the direction Danny was looking at.

"What's that?" He asked, pointing at the winged lizard onto Lynx' shoulder.

"This is the boy I wanted you to meet." Lynx said.

Danny sighed in relief. He knew Lynx was way to young and that it wasn't particularly likely that she would meet even a human, living this deep in the woods. But that wasn't a reason for him to not still go in overprotective brother mode.

He shook his head, trying to get that nightmare out of his head. "Anyway, want to go to Hogsmeade? You can take your flying snake with you."

With that, the drake jumped from the girl's shoulder towards Danny's face. He was thanking Godric's unholy peepee for Lynx' fast reflexes.

She caught the drake mid-air and held it closer to her, making shushing sounds to calm the drake, which were by wonder actually working.

"Yeah, little tip: Don't insult the mini dragon with sharp claws and the ability to make fire." Lynx said with a smartass smirk on her face.

Danny started grumble incoherent words but eventually spoke. "Can you take him outside?". An idee started to form in his head.

"Uhm, haven't exactly tried. Why?" the girl asked. She recognised the look in his face and knew that it would be fun, genius and the definition of stupid at the same time.

"Then today is experiment day! Come one, we're going to Hogsmeade!"