Chapter 20

Her brother letted out a shuddered sigh and shook his head. "First, do you remember anything from yesterday?". It was still hard on him, he remembered everything still. But his sister was half-aslep so he didn't know if she even knew what happened.

Lynx furrowed her eyebrows she haddened thought about it actually. She was more caught up with sleep and being somewhere unfamiliar. But now that she started thinking about it, little shots of memory came pouring in. She remembered going to get a glas of water. Gran'pa Eddy was coughing up blood, a shattering noise was also there. After that the remembered flying against the wall. Everything past that was kind of blurry. What happened before was still fresh in her mind. 

Danny saw his sister remembering all kind of things. He thought he would let her do so, see if she could remember it on her own rather than telling her himself. He swallowed the lump in his throat only to be forming a new one directly. He looked as the facial expressions of Lynx kept changing the more she remembered.

After bumping into a wall, Lynx remembered her grandfather fighting and not much later Danny was there to. One idiot tried to sneak up them en Lynx sended him flying. Usually she would smirk or chuckle at remembering something like that but somehow she had a feeling of dread. Like there was something bad, she didn't remembered it but she knew it was there. Then she knew. Her eyes widened and tears welled up in them. The green light, 2 of the most horrible words possible. After that darkness, she had fallen asleep right after that. How could she fall asleep when her grandfather had just been killed? How could gran'pa Eddy be dead? He was to strong! Danny was lying to her. It was just one of his pranks to get back at her. 

She looked up at her brother, shaking her trying not to believe him but deep down she knew. The tears were on the brink of falling but she wouldn't let them. "Danny, please tell me-" She cutted herself of by a sob. She tried to not cry but she couldn't. Her launched at her brother and held him as tight as she could.

Danny hugged his sister back, refusing to let her go. She was his little sister. Blood didn't matter. His grandfather wasn't just his, he was Lynx' family to.

Isla watched from the kitchen, she knew that the little girl had very little time to be prepared. If they had find her brother it would be soon that they would find her there soon. But now it wasn't the best time to tell the siblings. They needed each other now. She wasn't ready for any of them to leave. Danny would probably stay but still she barely got to know her great-niece and she would have to leave. They were the only thing she had left from her brother.