Chapter 10

First of all, Lynx Black had to prepare her arrow. She took one out of her quiver and laid it silently in front of her. She took out her wand out of the mud brown holster that was hidden inside her right boot. She nonverbally charmed the arrow to explode in blinding light a couple of seconds after it would be shot. That way the light would make everyone that would not shield there eyes uncapable of seeing. Just for a couple of seconds, but that was all she would need.

Just when she had put the arrows back in her quiver, Lynx realised the fault in her plan. The people that were holding Danny and Edmund would be blinded but so would Danny and Edmund themselves. Her grandfather! It was then that Lynx noticed that grandpa Eddy's screams had stopped and the ones from her adoptive brother's had turned into sobbing. When Lynx would think of an idea she would get so consumed with it that she wouldn't realise anything that would happen surrounding.

Edmund Moore wasn't moving anymore. There was a very little rising up and down on his chest but besides that he didn't give a kick. Danny was sobbing. The person that was restraining him earlier, was now holding him up. Without he would crashing to the ground. The black clothed people began laughing hysterically. The sound was thundering through the woods.

Lynx had to act quickly, she didn't know how long her grandfather had left. The problem with her plan was that when she shot the arrows, not only the black-clothed would be blinded but also her brother. Her grandfather was already passed out so she didn't have to worry about him, well not really in that way.

An idea popped in her head as soon as she thought about the problem. Lynx turned into her animagus form and wiggled out of her clothes. The feline took advantage of the brown leaves on the ground to hide herself in plain sight. Even though everyone was facing the elderly man on the ground, she couldn't take any risks. Lynx made sure she would put her already padded paws onto mainly moist leaves. It was way too cliché to be stepping on a crisp leaf or a stick, making too much noise and get caught. Nope!

Once she was only a couple of meters away from her brother she started getting even more careful. The couple of seconds that it took to get towards Danny's legs felt like years. The feline lightly tapped her older brother's ankle, trying to get his attention.

It took a while before Daniel Moore opened his eyes again. His vision was blurred because of all the tears. He looked at the young cat at his feet and his mind took a couple of seconds to register that it was actually his little sister.

As soon as Lynx was sure she had her brother's full attention, and that he actually understood that it was her. She covered her own eyes with her paw hoping he would get the message. Danny nodded his head, not too much so only Lynx would notice, as a sign that he had gotten what she meant. He was impressed and a bit appalled that she was able to be focused so much when their grandfather was dying only a couple meters. But then again, it was Lynx Black. If she sets her mind to something, it would be almost impossible for someone or something to stop her.

When Lynx was sure that her brother had gotten her message, she ran towards the bush were her clothes lied. She stepped back in her clothes and transformed again in her human form. Time to start the plan.