Chapter 14

Daniel was upstairs in his sister's room. He and his grandfather made up a plan ages ago, well his grandfather essentially made the plan and he helped with a couple of things. They knew that Lynx wouldn't be able to stay with them forever. His grandfather's past was way to complicated, Daniel didn't know the details but he knew that it wasn't pretty. Also there was this tiny little detail about the lighting scar on Lynx's collarbone.

Under a lose plank in his bedroom, Daniel found a little bag with an undetectable expansion charm. Danny grabbed it and ran towards his little sister's room but he stopped in his own doorway. He looked around his room, it would probably be the last time he would see it like this. His black and white coloured room, the colours being the ones of his favourite quidditch teams, the Montrose Magpies. The Quidditch posters of the Montrose Magpies stuck onto his wall, the little quidditch action figures scattered al over, his broom leaning against the cabinet next to the door. His broom! An idea popped in his head. The brown-eyed boy took his broom and his old quidditch gear that was beneath his bed.

He ran towards his sister's room across the hall and opened the beige coloured sack. He stuffed all the quidditch gear in inside, he opened her closet and took every clothing item and stuffed in the bag.  Normally they wouldn't execute the plan until she was 18, which is why they haven't prepared the bag of clothes for her.

Beneath her bed were all of Lynx's shoes, he packed those as well. When he was done packing her clothes and shoes, he looked around her room for anything extra. Her extra bow and arrows and other weapons she was trained inThat might come in handy! They weren't in the other bags yet. He took them from her cabinet and stuffed them on top. He also took most of her Montrose Magpie stuff. The brown haired boy loved it that both of them had the same favourite quidditch team.

Daniel was just closing up the bag when he heard a window crashing downstairs. He ran down the stairs, almost tripping over his own feet. The younger Moore ran towards his little sister that he just saw crashing hard against the wall. It was a hard time for her to keep her eyes open. They kept fluttering close. He shook her lightly, trying to keep her awake.

"Danny?" Lynx asked tiredly. Her head was banged hard against the wall. "What's going on?"

Before Daniel had the chance to say anything spells were being shot towards them. He shielded his little sister. Luckily neither of them were hit.

"Daniel! Grab Lynx and het out of here! You've got to go!" His grandfather yelled with the last bit of strength in him. He was standing up with his wand in his hand. He was wobbling a lot but still he was battling with one of the black clothed people. The other 2 were coming towards Danny and Lynx. Danny didn't know what to do. His little sister was half unconscious, his grandfather was halfdead fighting someone who wanted all of them dead and the other 2 people that wanted them dead were advancing towards them.

The boy had to think fast. "Stribor, climb on my back!" Danny ordered.

"Huh? Wha-?" Lynx kept falling asleep, it was hard for her to pay attention. Her head was hurting so much. It was just a little nap, what hurt could it do?

"Come on sis! Pay- Protego!" He yelled, one of the people that was trying to sneak up on them had cast a spell towards them. "Pay attention, Lynx!" the boy snapped. His little sister snapped out of her sleepy daze and winded her arms around his neck. Danny's back was already towards her. Once he had taken her legs, he tried holding them with one hand so he could reach for his wand. Mostly he could do wandless magic but he needed to be sure that he could do every spell right. It wasn't the time to be unsure about things.