Chapter 03

Lynx knew that she was really tired when she fell asleep but she knew that this wasn't where she fell asleep. There was a boy and an old man looking at her. She didn't move, she didn't have a feeling that they were bad. She squinted her eyes looking to find something that might say the feeling was wrong.

Edmund was even more intrigued. Mostly little kids would be asking questions or be scared and start crying. The small girl did not look scared at all. It looked like she was observing them trying to figure something out. He would know the look; he had the same one almost all the time. Daniel noticed the same thing. The Moore family was very intelligent and were people that loved solving or fixing things. Edmund knew that the girl wouldn't start talking. He smiled gently at the little girl something that caused her to give him a small cautious smile back.

"Hello, I'm Daniel." Daniel said softly. He saw that the girl was small and he thought she could be scared. Seemingly he thought wrong she gave him a gentle smile.

"Hi, I'm Lynx." She said with a small smile and gave the brown-haired boy a little wave. She had still her guard up. Lynx did not know who these people were but she hasn't seen anything that didn't defy the feeling in the back of her head. The feeling that said that they weren't dangerous.

Edmund knew that the child wasn't thinking about what happened the night before so he decided to not bring it up. She began shivering. She was still in her pyjamas and they were soaking wet. The Animagus girl sneezed. Edmund smiled a little at that. The elder wizard decided to take care of the young girl. "My name is Edmund. Would you like to change out of those wet clothes?" the old man asked gently. To which the little girl nodded sheepishly. "Can I bring you to the bathroom?" he wanted to be sure the little girl was comfortable.

Lynx nodded. She would get sick if she stayed in wet clothes. The older man picked her up and took her to the bathroom. Daniel went to the basement to get some of his old clothes. When Lynx was clean and in clean clothes, she was sitting in the living room again. The memories of what happened the night before came back. A frown came on her face.

"Are you alright, Lynx?" Daniel asked.

"No, rat lied. False rat is a rat" she said a bit angerly. She never had a good feeling about her uncle Peter. She knew that something wasn't right with him. He never liked her anyway. That could also be that once when she was in het Animagus form she tried to eat him. But that was not sure, it could easily be something else.

Edmund furrowed his eyebrows. He figured that she was talking about what had happened in Godric's Hollow the night before, but he did know what she meant. He sat in the armchair while Lynx and Daniel sat on the couch. "What do you mean by that?" he asked. In the paper said that her father was the secret-keeper and betrayed the Potters, killed Peter Pettigrew and 13 muggles. But he never trusted the paper that much. 'You can never know something too sure' was his motto.