Chapter 13

Daniel stepped forward, wand in his hand and began to recite a type of healing spell that he knew that would show what was wrong. The white-haired wizard had a lot of internal bleeding. Those people used spells unknown to Lynx and Danny, not to Edmund. He knew exactly what spells they used and what the aftermath of them were.

"There isn't much ..." The man's sentence was interrupted by a dry, very sick sounding cough. Again his whole hand was covered with half solid blood. "Time. Daniel, we need to do it. I know *cough* It's early but it's time. You know what to do." Lynx did not understand what her grandfather was talking about. She laid her hand on the elderly wizard forehead, a little warmer than usual but not really fever. In the corner of her eyes she saw that her brother was stopping with preforming healing spells.

"What are you doing keep going!" Lynx exclaimed. But her brother wouldn't budge. He was staring in front of him. He wasn't really looking anywhere, just staring in the air. It was creeping Lynx out, her grandfather was dying and her brother was having a staring contest with himself. "Danny! We need to help gran'pa! He could be dying! Come one, Daniel! Come on!" Lynx started freaking out. Her voice was rising and tears began to fill her eyes. Without her knowing she had started pacing while murmuring thoughts that could maybe help her grandfather.

The youngest Black felt a hand touch her elbow. Edmund Moore pulled as hard as he could on her arm but with the minimum strength he had it was more of a light tug to Lynx. "I should have died many years ago, Lynx. I've lived on borrowed time. It's alright" He said with a peaceful smile on his face.

"Gran'pa, you're not okay now. You don't know what you're saying. Danny and I are gonna help you. Right Daniel?!" Lynx aggressively poked her brother who barely snapped out of his daze. He just looked at his little sister sadly. The boy had tears in his honey brown eyes. "Danny? ... Gran'pa, Danny you're freaking me out. What is going on?" Lynx started to get scared and tears also started to dwell in her eyes. She would never let them fall but her vision was really blurry.

"Daniel, they are going to find us here soon. You need to get everything ready." Right after the man had said that Danny stood up and walked towards the other side of the room and pulled aside the rug and there was a handle.

"Had that always been there?" Lynx asked with a weirded out face. How come she had never noticed that there.

Daniel pulled up the lever up and there was a big hole in the floor. Lynx didn't have the chance to see what was in it because her grandfather grabbed her attention again. "Lynx, whatever happens next I know you can do this." The old man said with a determent and unquestionable look in his eyes. Instead of being scared and doubtful about what was happening or going to happen she actually believed her grandfather. But it was only for short because she heard a loud noise. Behind her, her brother had shut the trapdoor and swiped the rug back over it. Next to him was a large pile but she couldn't exactly see it because it was still dark so all she saw was a large shadow. She saw her brother going up the stairs but Lynx had to many questions in her mind.

"Gran'pa, I don't know what is going on. Why is Danny grabbing all that stuff? Why do you have all that stuff? What is happening? Why does Danny know but I don't? Why-" Lynx was cut off by her grandfather coughing up blood again. She grabbed the glass of water on the table and used the moonlight to see where her grandfather's hand was to give it to him. Only for him to push it away. He was too tired to drink.

Suddenly, they heard a window crash. Lynx looked to the left of her and saw all glass shards on the ground. Lynx looked up but it was already too late. A red light hit her right in the chest and she landed with hardly against the wall behind her. Her vision again was blurry but she saw enough to see that it were the people they had just escaped from. She kept blinking trying to keep her eyes open but she was too weak to even stand up.