Chapter 04

"Uncle Peter told mean people." Lynx said with a exponentially getting angrier face. It was the rat's fault that her momma was dead, her auntie Lily and uncle Jamie to.

"But I thought Sirius Black was the secret-keeper? He sold the Potters out and then he killed Peter and 13 other people." Daniel said bluntly. He quickly skimmed the paper while Lynx was changing clothes. Lynx pulled an angry pouty face at him. Edmund almost facepalmed himself. Daniel was smart but not when it came to interaction with other people.

He ignored his grandson and looked at the little girl in white footie pyjama's. Her hair was almost black but it was just very dark brown was already dry because of magic. "Lynx, what do you mean with Peter told them?" He asked with a gentle voice. Trying to make the girl forget about what Daniel said about the killing.

"Daddy thought meany's never think secret be Peter. Everyone thinking daddy was secret but Peter was. Peter not suspe ... supec ... supesing, don't know word." She said with a scrunched up face. It frustrated her to no end when she didn't know some words. Even though the average 2 year old spoke in sentences of about 3 words she was already very good at talking. Even though she didn't do it much. Mainly when she was frustrated, like now. The small girl liked listening more than talking.

Edmund eyebrows lifted a little. Her vocabulary was quit big for a 2 year old. "Do you mean suspecting?" he asked. He was impressed by her intelligence.

Lynx nodded happily, now knowing the word. She then continued her story. Her angry brow furrow and pout returned immediately. "Peter was rat. He ratted auntie Lily and uncle Jamie out. Not strange, he really is rat."

Daniel didn't understand what she meant by that. His grandfather of course had a couple of ideas but none he could know for sure. "What do you mean with he really is a rat?" Daniel asked.

"Like me! He change in rat." Lynx pointed at herself. "And daddy, he change in doggy. Uncle Jamie could do to, he was a deer. A big one. They had strange names. Unc ... no Peter change in dirty rat. He's a mean rat!"

Edmund knew that she meant animagus. It took Daniel a while but he understood to. Once again Edmund opinion on not trusting the paper was proven right. They only found a finger of Pettigrew, not a body. A body doesn't just disappear. What if he transformed into a rat and escaped that way? And if someone wanted a secret-keeper they wouldn't take the most obvious person. Almost everyone in the wizarding world expected Sirius Black to be the secret keeper and the Potters weren't that daft were they? From what Edmund had heard James Potter and Sirius Black were very close friends and a secret-keeper could only give the information out of free will. Where is the logic that someone would betray someone that was basically his brother.

"Grandpa? Shouldn't we tell this to the aurors?" Daniel asked. He believed Lynx completely, he knew it directly when someone was lying and she was telling the truth. It was something he could do. His grandfather didn't think that it had anything to do with magic. As it was already said the Moore family was quit intelligent and observant. Edmund thought that Daniel saw the little ticks people would show when they are lying. He was very observant and maybe he noticed then unconsciously.

"And what are we going to tell them Daniel. They will not believe the word of a 2 year-old." Edmund said with a sad look in his eyes. He had seen the group of friends a couple of times when he was in Hogsmeade. They were very close and so young.

Lynx sat there. She wasn't able to do anything. Who would believe her. Edmund saw the look on her little face.

"Lynx, do you want to stay here with us?" He asked her. Lynx looked up with a thoughtful look. She knew that it wasn't safe anymore. Her sister was probably with her uncle Remmy, he didn't have a lot of money. She didn't want to be a burden to him. And everyone thought she was with mommy, auntie Lily and uncle Jamie. Maybe it was for the better. And the white-haired wizard and brown-eyed boy looked really nice.

"Yes!" She said with a smile. Daniel also had a big smile on his face.

"Yes! We're going to be really good friends I know it! You're going to be like my little sister!" he exclaimed standing up to do a silly dance. "I'm going to have a sister, I'm going to have a sister!" he kept repeating.

Lynx began giggling at his behaviour, he was really silly and funny. She heard the old man next to her chuckle. It made her smile even more. She was going to be alright.