Chapter 08

4 years later

"Danny, I'm 9 years old and even I can beat you. I'm sorry but you still suck at archery." Lynx said drawing her special made bow. It had a brown green colour with metal green leaves at each end. Her arrows had a leaf-shaped point and the fletching had a muddy brown colour. Most arrows she made herself. When she started to make them, not one was straight and good for archery. After 2 years of practicing they were almost perfect.

"Whatever I'm going back to grandpa." The now 17-year old sighed. It hurt his ego a little bit that his little sister was better at something then him. He was proud of her but still, it stings. Especially when there was a 8 year age gap.

"Okay, I'm going to practice for a little more." Lynx answered. She took of her quiver to take off her black zip-up hoodie and tied it around her middle, then she put the quiver back on. The weight feeling familiar on her back. She loved archery and survival. Her grandfather and brother had taught her also lot more. Her grandather learned her how to fix things, and basically almost every charm and spell that could be useful for survival or for when she was helping him fix magical or even muggle artefacts. Her brother taught her everything she knew about potions and other type of martial arts. Least to say, Lynx Black was easily capable of completely taking care of herself, even at the young age of 9 years old.

The Moore family were once again on a camping trip, they did it quiet often. Lynx loved it. The nature, the training, the animals. Everything about it. Especially now, during the autumn. When the leaves would turn all orange and brown colours and when the ground was covored with all the brown leaves that perfectly matched the fur of her animagus. She mostly loved it because that way it was much harder for anyone to see her, even when she wasn't particularly hiding.

Lynx let go off the string and the arrow hit the middle of the target. "Bullseye." She whispered to herself. She heard a branch crack on the left of her. Danny went towards their grandfather which was on the right of her so it couldn't be him or her grandpa. Meaning it was or a stranger or a wild animal. It didn't matter, she was learned to not risk anything.

Lynx quickly drew another arrow out of her mud-coloured quiver that had a featherlight charm and a undetectable extension charm. She multiplied her best arrows and putted all of them in her quiver. She did not know how many there exactly were but she knew there were definitely enough.

Lynx drew her bow and pointed it right at the chest of a black clothed man that had his wand pointed at her. Every piece of skin of him was covered in black clothing. He even had some kind of sunglasses in front of his eyes so she couldn't see them.

Even though he intimidated her very much, she was not going to show it. the man spoke "Where is Edmund Moore?". He had a deep voice with an American accent. At least that was what Lynx thought. She had never met someone from America.

She heard 2 other people sneaking up behind her. They tried to be quite but Lynx had exceptional hearing. Lynx was mentally recalling every weapon she had on her. Her bow and arrows, obviously. She also had a couple of throwing knives, and a dagger she mostly used to carve in wood. Of course her wand, but she was already very good at wandless magic like her brother. Her grandfather thought her that you can use everything as a weapon. He did not want to risk anything for if she was in danger, like now.

"Answer the question, little girl." The man before her snarled. The 2 people behind her came closer to her. It was someone tall and light, Lynx suspected a woman but it could easily be a very young male. And then someone else that was very large, they were breathing heavily.

Lynx decided to play the dumb cart. "I do not know who you are talking about." Her voice not wavering once despite the situation she was in.

"Wrong answer." The man launched towards her. Only a few seconds later a loud scream was heard throughout the woods.