46

I'm sitting on the couch with my feet in the coffee table watching Lauren and Kehlani set up for the party tonight. They've started setting up cups by the bar and a variety of alcohol, mixers, and chasers next to them.

"You know you could help Mani" Ally says walking into the living room with bowls of chips.

"I'm good, thanks" I smile. She rolls her eyes and kicks my feet off the table while placing the bowls down. I grab a chip from the bowl and get up making my way to the kitchen.

I see Ryan and Dinah talking and as soon as I make eye contact with Dinah, I turn on my heels and try to walk out.

"Mani, wait" I hear Dinah say. I turn back and face them putting my hands up.

"Sorry, didn't mean to interrupt..." I wave my fingers around towards them. "... whatever this is" I smile.

"It's fine, Ryan was just leaving" Dinah says crossing her arms looking at the other ebony. Ryan rolls her eyes and groans as she walks past me out of the kitchen.

"I'm sensing a little tension" I smirk glancing at Dinah before walking towards the fridge and opening it. I snoop around until I decide to grab the container of strawberries.

"It's nothing, just Ryan being Ryan" Dinah sighs. I hum in agreement walking to the island counter and placing my strawberries on top. I open the container and grab and berry taking a bite out of it.

"You'd know her better than me" I mumble as I cover my mouth still chewing.

"Can we talk about something other than her please?" Dinah says rubbing her forehead. I grab another strawberry.

"Like?" I take a bite.

"Like... what you'll be wearing tonight?" Dinah says leaning against the other side of the counter from.

"Uh, this I think" I gesture down to the blue jean shorts I'm in and my black tank top. Dinah chuckles.

"I'm pretty sure that's not the attire Lauren told everybody" I raise my eyebrow at her.

"I didn't realize there was one" I smile. Dinah nods.

"Yeah, Lauren said clubbing attire. Why she chose that for a beach? I'd never know" Dinah laughs. I let out a small one.

"Then I guess I need to go dig through my suitcase" I shrug biting into another strawberry.

"Actually" I glance up at Dinah. "I may have or may have not snooped in your suitcase to find you the perfect outfit"

"Oh?" I laugh. "That's not creepy at all" She laughs.

"I think what's creepy is the amount of moisturizer you travel with"

"I like my skin to be healthy!" I point out. Dinah laughs standing up properly. "So... what'd you pick for me?" I question. Dinah smirks.

"Well..." She slowly starts making her way around the counter. "You had this really cute short black dress, I remember you trying it on in the store a few months ago and it really fit your curves perfectly" She stands by me leaning against the counter.

"Oh, that dress" I smile. The memory of Dinah grabbing it from me and running to the cashier to buy it runs through my mind.

"Yeah, I also took the liberty of picking out your lingerie" I raise my eyebrow at her. "You had an very very nice pair of black lace that I don't think should go to waste" She smirks. I let out a little chuckle.

"And you want me to wear all of this... just for you?" I ask raising a strawberry pointing it at her.

"Just for me Princess" She leans down taking a bite of the strawberry in my hand while letting her tongue slowly swipe my finger. Fuck me she's so damn sexy... She stands up and winks at me. "See you tonight Princess" She walks out leaving me alone in the kitchen. What is this girl doing to me?