49

I feel like I owe you guys, my readers, some good times... enjoy :)

—————

After my fight with Ryan, we stayed at the resort for three more days. The tension was high in the house but we all pushed through keeping it all together with no more altercations. I made sure to stay away from both Ryan and Dinah. I had already caused to many issues.

Right now it's been about two weeks since we got back from the senior retreat. I listened to Dinah about giving her space, maybe more space than needed. My mom has been in Hong Kong for an important surgery so I haven't been to school this past two weeks because there's no one here to force me. Plus, it's not like she would make me go if she was here anyways.

I felt my grades were high enough to not take such a hit from the absence and I forged my mother's signature to say I've gotten some horrible stomach bug. Zen stops by with my homework and takes it back to school for me with no issue.

So all day, I just sit on the couch watching tv and cuddle with Aspen pretty much replaying in my thoughts everything I did wrong. Is that healthy? Definitely not, but when you're left with your thoughts it happens.

I keep thinking of all the things I could have done differently. Every little scenario. And sometimes, I feel like even if I changed something, I'd be left with the same outcome.

The doorbell rings, and I groan as Aspen jumps off the couch running to the door barking. I roll off the couch and wrap my blanket around me as I walk to the door.

"It's a Saturday Zen! There's no homework to give!" I yell as I approach the door. I open it and my eyes go wide. "Dua?" She smiles lightly.

"Hey, I was hoping we could talk" She asks. I nod and move out the way for her to come in. I shut the door and make my way to the couch where she sits down next to me but leaves room in between.

"Can I get you something to drink?" I ask. She shakes her head.

"I'm fine, thanks" I nod. We sit there in silence for awhile before she clears her throat. "So... I guess I'm here to talk about you and Lani" She sighs.

"I'm so sorry. I feel so bad and I regret it and I'm just so so sorry!" I try. She lets out a small chuckle placing her hand on my shoulder.

"Mani, it's okay. I'm not mad at you" She smiles. I look at her shocked.

"Y-You're not?" I ask in disbelief. She shakes her head.

"Of course not. If anything, I'm mad at Kehlani" She adds. I tilt my head.

"How are you mad at her and not me?" I question. Dua leans back against the couch.

"Don't get me wrong, we're in a open relationship. We count it as open, pretty much if we're in the same zip code we're together. So I guess maybe... zip code relationship? I digress" Dua says scratching her head. "The point being, Lani shouldn't have kissed you on the beach nor hooked up with you that day. Not because you're someone else, but because you're you"

"Huh? What do you mean?" I tilt my head.

"I mean, your her best friends ex girlfriend who I know she's aware that Dinah still has feelings for you and regretted having that stupid argument with you in the bathroom" Dua explains. "Lani and Dinah are always competing and even though I know Lani cares about Dinah and loves her, I think one of the reasons she got with you was to try and do it before Dinah. Don't get me wrong, if you weren't dating Dinah I'd wanna hook up with you too, you're sexy as fuck, it's just a bad situation overall" I nod. "Lani's a fuck up. We both are, that's why we work. She knows she's wrong, I just know she won't regret it" Dua sighs.