6

Time Lapse: Two Days

I walk into the bathroom placing my backpack on the sink counter. I pull out my mascara and lipstick fixing my make-up a little. I lean towards the mirror and start putting on my lipstick.

As I screw the cap back on and place it in the side of my bag, someone flushes the toilet and exits the stall. With my luck, it's Kehlani. I roll my eyes and begin doing my mascara.

"Need all that makeup to hide how fake you are?" Kehlani says walking over to the sink to wash her hands. I roll my eyes and continue working on my lashes.

"Don't come for me until you shave your mustache Parrish" I seal my mascara and place it in my bag.

"You're such a slut, ya'know that?" Kehlani says stepping towards me.

"You best step the fuck back bitch" I stand up properly.

"Or wh-"

"What's going on in here?" We both whip our heads to the door and it's Dinah. I roll my eyes and pull out my eyeliner. This day is getting worse and worse.

"I got it handled Dinah" Kehlani says. Dinah glares and shakes her head with her bag strap on one shoulder.

"No you don't. Leave. Dua is waiting for you outside" Kehlani groans before pushing past me and out the bathroom. When the door closes, Dinah moves to Kehlani's previous spot.

I ignore her presence and begin doing my eye liner. She hops onto the sink counter and watches me put on my make up. What the hell is she looking at?

"Why do you wear so much make-up?" She asks comfortably. I keep my gaze on my reflection. "You're naturally beautiful so it doesn't make much sense to me" I close my eyeliner and place it in my bag. I turn towards Dinah whose looking at me smiling.

"I know for sure your didn't come in here and kick Kehlani out just to discuss make up with me" Dinah hops of the counter and laughs. She leans against the wall.

"You're right, I didn't" She crosses her arms keeping her bag slightly on her shoulder. "I came in here because I thought maybe we should talk about the ki-"

"It was a mistake and shouldn't have happened, simple" I immediately cut her off. "We're not friends and definitely not lovers, so we shouldn't even discuss it. We're just partners for our stupid project, got it?"

"That's what your really want?" Dinah asks. Her expression seemed as if she was hoping that it wasn't the case, but I wouldn't let her know that.

"Completely" I state sternly. Dinah looks in my eyes to see if there's any slight chance that I'm lying but I look to the ground so she can't see any of my expressions. She sighs and adjust her backpack on her shoulder.

"See you later Princess" She walks past me but not before bumping me lightly with her backpack while exiting out the bathroom making me stumble back a little bit. Great talk.

-

The lunch lady slams a pile of spaghetti onto my tray. Fucking disgusting. I shift in line with Lauren next to me.

"So Zen and I have synced cycles and lets just saying being on the same period as your girlfriend isn't the best thing for a relationship" We pay for our food and start walk out of the line.

"I don't get what you thought was going to happen when you're around each other twenty four seven" I state. We begin to walk past The Posse's table when Lauren says something.

"I'm sorry Mani" Before I can ask her for what, she trips me making my plate of spaghetti fly through the air. It's like everything becomes slow motion as the spaghetti lands on the head of Dinah Jane Hansen.