40

I couldn't sleep. Dinah was passed out next to me on my bed but my thoughts kept tracking back to Ryan texting Dinah. What we're they even talking about? I sit up and glance over at her phone on the bed side table on Dinah's side. Should I? I shake my head.

If I go through her phone it shows I don't trust her, which I do! It's just, I don't trust Ryan in the slightest, especially if she was so toxic according to Naki and Kehlani. It's fine, I don't need to look. I lay back down and stare at the ceiling.

Fuck it! I sit up and glance down at Dinah who's asleep and lightly snoring. I glance up at the phone and slowly scoot closer to Dinah. I slowly lean over but stop when Dinah shifts a little but then goes back to being still. I exhale and continue reaching for the phone quickly grabbing it.

I slide out of bed and make my way into my bathroom and lock the door. I sit on top of the toilet and look at the lock screen. I smile at the selfie of Dinah and I. I'm taking the picture smiling as she kisses my cheek. My smile drops, I shouldn't be doing this.

I stand up and walk out of the bathroom. I quietly tip toe to Dinah's side and place the phone quietly back on the table. I creep back into my side and slide under the blankets. Dinah shifts a little and yawns opening her eyes and smiling.

"Hi there" She says stretching her arms back. I smile at her. She turns over and grabs her phone looking at the time before placing it back down. "It's 4 in the morning Princess. Why are you still up?" She yawns.

"Just couldn't fall asleep" I say.

"Well come cuddle with me, maybe that'll help" I smile and slide down into the bed.

"I get to be the little spoon right?" She chuckles.

"Of course" I smile as Dinah wraps her arm around my waist pulling me closer to her. She slowly starts caressing me up and down my arm lightly. "Better?" I hum in agreement.

-

I'm sitting with Zendaya and Kehlani in my car before we need to head to first period. Kehlani asked me to pick her up since her and Dua got into an argument and Zendaya was just too lazy to drive this morning.

"How come I had to sit in the back?" Kehlani whines.

"Because I said so" Zendaya argues. Kehlani rolls her eyes.

"Not fair at all" Kehlani scoffs.

"Are y'all really arguing about a seat?" I chuckle as I fix my lipstick in the rear view mirror.

"Yes, yes we are. I deserve better!" Kehlani says crossing her arms.

"You deserve to get hit because you talk too damn much!" Zendaya glares. I laugh. Her phone dings and she smiles. "And that is my girl, gotta go!" She grabs her bag and slides out of the passenger seat and shuts the door.

"Finally!" Kehlani starts climbing through the gap to try and get in the passenger seat. I lean back in my chair so I don't get hit.

"Seriously? There's a door" she ignores me and keeps climbing and finally gets through. She huffs as she gets comfortable and beams a smile at me.

I playfully roll my eyes and go back to doing my makeup. I feel her staring at me so I stop and look at her.

"What?" She shrugs.

"Nothing, you just look hot" She says. I chuckle and continue doing my mascara. "I wanted to apologize by the way"

"For what?" I question.

"That day in the bathroom, when you still had your amnesia" She states. I shrug.

"I honestly pushed that to the back of my mind. It's not a big deal, you're fine Lani" I close my mascara and look at her.