⇛ 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

"soo-won, how long will you be gone?" you spoke, in a soft voice

the said boy, soo-won, was faced away from you, looking through some papers, but when your voice reached his ears, he turned around, a smile on his face. he walked over, his smile still present and held your hands in his warm ones.

"not long." he told you, swinging your hands. "you should come with me so we can announce our engagement there."

"no." you shook your head. "you're going for yona's birthday. i don't think she'd be too happy with the announcement when it's an important time for her."

'and for another reason.' you thought to yourself. you knew about yona's crush on your fiancé, but you, too, loved him, dearly. you had the advantage of your parents arranging the engagement before they passed, whereas yona could never have that opportunity. besides, soo-won loved you, too.

"ah, you're right." he pouted, staring at the floor.

"it's fine." you said, placing a hand on his cheek, making him look up. "we'll find a better time."

"yeah, we will." he placed his hand on top of yours, staring into your eyes, lovingly.

it always shocked you when he did something affectionate. he wasn't the type to be lovey-dovey because he had hardly known anything about love. it wasn't until you confessed your feelings to him that he learnt more about love, and became more confident when with a woman.

a sudden cough broke the two of you apart. you turned to look at the door and your eyes lit up at the sight of yona's servant, but your close friend, min-soo. you rushed over to hug him after weeks of not seeing him.

"min-soo, how are you?"

"i'm well, y/n." he told you, hugging back.

"it's been so long, i was beginning to worry that you'd never visit. what are you doing here anyway?" you asked after letting go of him. he nodded at soo-won as a greeting.

"i came to speak to kye-sook." he replied, looking around, for soo-won's advisor.

"he's that way." soo-won said, pointing to the corridor on the left.

"i'll see you later, y/n." he quickly left to find the adviser, leaving you alone with soo-won again.

"i wish you didn't have to go tomorrow." you said, sighing. "it'll be lonely here."

"you should go visit general geun-tae and yun-ho while i'm gone. they'd be more than happy to keep you company, and i'm sure yun-ho would be excited to show you her tea."

"that's a good idea. i do miss yun-ho a lot." you grinned, thinking about the cheerful, adorable woman who always made you smile. she looked much younger than she actually was.

"then it's settled. but for now..." you let out a yelp as his arms swiftly swept you off the floor.

"hey!" you exclaimed.