⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟏𝟓

"mummy, do you think he'll like this?" you, a short girl around the age of eight, asked your mother as you sat in one of the rooms with several others, drinking tea and chatting

"mummy, do you think he'll like this?" you, a short girl around the age of eight, asked your mother as you sat in one of the rooms with several others, drinking tea and chatting. you held up the flower bracelet and your mother smiled.

"i think he'll love it." she replied, knowing you were referring to soo-won.

"you should get him something more manly." your father said.

"dad!" you whined and your mother smacked him.

"general yu-hon and soo-won are here." a guard announced and the doors opened, revealing the two. you stood up and ran as fast as your little legs could to your best friend and embraced him.

"soo-won, you're here!"

"i am." he beamed, hugging you back.

you pulled away and looked up at general yu-hon. he seemed intimidating but he was kind to you. "thanks for bringing soo-won."

he nodded and patted your head. "you kids go hang outside with princess yona and her friend. the adults need to speak."

"okay!" you held soo-won's hand, dragging him outside. you sat down on the stairs still holding his hand.

"shouldn't we find yona and hak?" he asked.

"i want to talk to you for a bit. do you not want to talk to me?" you pouted.

"of course i do! i wanted to see yona as well." he said and his eyes glimmered when he said her name.

"are you going to stay here?" you asked but his response made you slouch and frown.

"i can't."

"why not?"

"mother has gotten worse so we can't leave her alone for too long. i'm sorry."

"don't apologise!" you smacked his arm. "i hope your mum gets better soon."

if only eight year old you knew what would happen in the future...

"you know i really missed you. i wish you'd visit more. mother would love it!" soo-won said. you smiled again.

his mother was a lovely woman. she treated you like her own and was very close with your mother. you admired and looked up to her but then she got ill and you couldn't see her as much.

"i'd love that, too." you took the flower bracelet from your pocket. "i made you this."

"you did?" he took it from your hand and examined it.

"do you like it?" you asked, your ears turning red.

"it's beautiful!" he placed it on his hand. "i'll wear it everyday. you're really good at making these."

"t-thanks..."

"hey, i see yona over there!" he exclaimed and ran down the stairs towards the flaming red head and hak. you followed after him and when you reached then, you wrapped you arms around hak's neck, hanging on him like he was a tree.