⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟏𝟗

"y/n, i assume you'll be leaving again

"y/n, i assume you'll be leaving again." soo-won said, glancing at you even though you weren't looking at him.

"it would be best to." you nodded.

"don't. come with me to saika castle. even if it's just for a day."

"i should get back to the others."

"i need you."

you didn't have to meet his eyes to know he was begging you. you picked at your nails, deep in thought. he asked once more and you gave in. you let the reigns drop from your hands as you turned to look at him.

"alright. one day."

you returned with him to the castle where he spoke to lord kyo-ga and took him to see his brother, tae-jun.

"soo-won, why are you doing that?" you asked at the same time as kyo-ga. you both watched him scrub clean some clothes.

"it's an interesting experiment, don't you think?" he asked as he turned around to look at you two. his face looked so innocent and sweet. you couldn't ever believe he'd hurt anyone.

"your majesty! you shouldn't touch those things!" tae-jun said.

"hi there. this is pretty hard labor."

"i'm surprised that you are doing this yourself. no. compared to that person..." tae-jun trailed off.

"that person?"

"oh! no... nevermind!"

soo-won hesitated for a moment, but turned his attention to kyo-ga. "lord kyo-ga, what's wrong?"

"nothing. it's just that about the fire tribe and even my younger brother... i thought i understood them, but..."

"everyone in this land knows that you are very capable. it's just that there's a little imbalance. lord kyo-ga, please come to kuuto."

"as i suspected... confinement?"

"it's not that. you are the fire tribes leader. that is something that cannot be changed."

"wish it could." you scoffed quietly, walking away from the conversation to find something to entertain yourself with since it was getting boring.

you took a seat by the cliff, dangling your feet off the edge. it was always a risky thing to do since any cruel person could push you off. such an easy way to kill. or you could just be a clumsy fool and fall off. either way, the outcome was death.

"lady y/n." you looked over your shoulder at tae-jun who held an irresolute expression. he bowed. "sorry to disturb you."

"you're not." you shook your head and patted next to you. "take a seat."

"alright." he sat down, staring at the view in front of him. you recognised the dazed look on his face. after all, his father had died. no matter what kind of person that man was, at the end of the day he had always been his father.